Easyship has innovated the global shipping landscape with our shipping and logistics technology.
We believe any business should be able to effortlessly ship worldwide, and we work tirelessly to tear down this last barrier of worldwide eCommerce. We have a global workforce that strategically operates from North America, Europe, Asia and Australia, and we're always looking for talent that will propel our rocket ship even higher. Join our diverse team of developers, sales, and marketing professionals to revolutionize an old-school industry. Help us build the most complete online shipping portal!Position Title:
Back End Web Developer (HK) Reports to:
Senior Back End Web DeveloperKey Relationships:
Tech Team, front and back endJob Purpose:
to build and maintain the back-end of our web applications, which includes scaling up our RESTful API, optimizing the response time of the API and the proprietary algorithm, and creating a new product that will integrate with the existing platform. Job Responsibilities:
- Participate in the entire application lifecycle, focusing on coding and debugging;
- Write clean code to develop functional web applications;
- Troubleshoot and debug applications;
- Perform UI tests to optimize performance;
- Manage cutting-edge technologies to improve legacy applications;
- Collaborate with Front-end developers to integrate user-facing elements with server side logic;
- Gather and address technical and design requirements;
- Provide training and support to internal teams;
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use;
- Liaise with developers, designers and system administrators to identify new features;
- Follow emerging technologies.
Requirements Skills & Personal Qualities:
What We Offer:
- 2-5 years experience, including min 3 years strong experience with Ruby on Rails.
- Comfortable building RESTful APIs to serve front-end applications, including third-party applications.
- Experience with PostgreSQL or SQL databases, and SQL queries.
- Familiar with Git and Git flow; familiar with modern management tools.
- Write high standard, beautiful, maintainable and reusable code.
- Flexible work hours
- Work from home
- Gym allowance
- 16 days paid annual leave
- Equity in the company
- A chance to work with a first-class, global team!