"There is no love sincerer than the love of food." - George Bernard Shaw*Please note, this job is based in Singapore*
Do you love food and convenience put together? Then you will definitely love foodpanda!
foodpanda (small ‘f') is the world's favourite way to order food online from the comfort of your home or office. Whether it's getting your hands on your favourite pasta, kebab or pizza, we believe that no one should have to suffer from hunger attacks ever again.
However, this doesn't happen without some really awesome people. We are looking for a Product Design Manager i
nterested in joining the Product team to design our next generation of web and mobile applications. You will be based in our exciting Singapore office to support our growing regional Product and design team. You will also be part of an international team of highly talented and motivated people.
This is an exciting opportunity for the right individual to be a user advocate and design products that are intuitive and easy to learn. We're searching for a talented and experienced leader for our design team.You are able to lead both vision and the team but you are also ready to get your hands dirty when it's needed. You attract amazing people as you love to inspire and motivate others. Moreover you're the heart of the team and are always keen to grow and help anyone around you.Your mission:
- You will be responsible for leading multiple product designers in a cross functional squad
- Have strong experience recruiting and hiring best-in-class product designers. This role will include growing the design team beyond its current size.Ability to direct, mentor and inspire.
- Be comfortable partnering and collaborating closely with product and engineering leadership. This includes fostering inter-team collaboration and defining roles and responsibilities for designers as they interface with the broader product team
- Be comfortable with standard design practices like design critiques for feedback, wireframing/prototyping of ideas pre-implementation, standard practices to foster ideation, research, and iteration and creation of a component-based design system
- Execute and lead across all phases of the design process: research, conceptual design, prototyping, validating, production ready designs, usability testing and implementation
- Bring narrative of user/customer needs to an interdisciplinary team
- Inspire, push creativity, challenge established thinking, and identify industry best practices for user experience
- Incorporate data analysis and feedback through experimentation (A/B) testing to validation of concepts and experience paradigms
- Manage multiple work streams in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Contribute to the creation of an outstanding experiences, incorporating best practices in UX and creating solid, engaging UX and UI patterns
What We Offer
- At least 7 to 10 years of experience in product design and UX research in e-commerce or hyperlocal industry
- Have significant experience in running a product design team.
- A digital portfolio that demonstrates conceptual thinking, dynamic user experiences, a data-driven mindset and a knack for designing web apps
- Deep expertise in visual and system design
- Experience creating wireframes, user flows, sitemaps
- Ability to perform user research including moderated and unmoderated usability testing
- Consideration for long-term sustainability in all design decisions, with a focus on engineering feasibility and business impact
- Experience working with Sketch, prototyping and design tools such as InVision and Photoshop required
- This job requires frequent travel between Germany and Singapore
- A dynamic and challenging working environment
- An extra steep learning curve
- Responsibility from day one in a fast growing and global company
- A vibrant and international team with a diverse background
- Regular company and team events