The incumbent will assist the Actuary in carrying out the actuarial operation and development tasks, including reserving, statutory reporting business planning, capital management, solvency monitoring and financial management of the company.
- Valuation of life products and reporting of required capital
- Implement and enhance actuarial controls by cooperating with Finance function in analyzing and explaining key movements of the financial results and designing key financial controls.
- Participate in periodic actuarial investigation into the financial soundness of the company, including:-
- regular reporting (both statutory and Group reporting)
- management information
- dividend recommendation and periodic rate declaration to meet Company policy in participating and universal life businesses
- ad hoc reporting requests from Regulator and Group
- Responsible for providing liability profile by product type, including cash flows, duration, convexity and VaR and coordinate with Investment Department to facilitate Asset Liability Management in accordance with Company policy.
- Conduct periodical experience studies and proposed required assumption changes where necessary
- Work with internal and external auditors to ensure the compliance of actuarial and risk related statutory requirements and Group Policies in in order to obtain satisfactory audit clearances.
- University graduate or equivalent
- Associate or nearly qualified fellow of a recognized Actuarial organization (e.g. Society of Actuary)
- At least 5-6 years of relevant experience in life insurance industry
- Proficient in MS Office applications, PROPHET
- Good command of English and Chinese
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
We offer 5-day work, good career prospects and attractive remuneration package to the right candidates. Interested parties please send full resume with expected salary to: The Human Resources Department, 5/F, Generali Tower, 8 Queen’s Road East, Hong Kong or via JobsDB.
Personal data collected will be strictly used for recruitment purpose only. All unsuccessful applications will be destroyed after two years.
Years of Experience
Full Time, Permanent
Insurance > Actuarial , Insurance > Others
Generali is an independent, Italian Group, with a strong international presence. Established in 1831, it is among the world’s leading insurers and it is present in over 60 countries with total premium income exceeding €70 billion in 2016. With over 74,000 employees in the world, and 55 million clients, the Group has a leading position in Western Europe and an increasingly significant presence in the markets of Central and Eastern Europe and in Asia. In 2017 Generali Group was included among the most sustainable companies in the world by the Corporate Knights ranking.
Additional Company Information
Insurance / Pension Funding
Benefits & Others
Dental insurance, Education allowance, Five-day work week, Life insurance, Medical insurance, Performance bonus
More Jobs from this employer
Manager, Accounting and Financial Reporting
Calendar/Date Posted on 22 hours ago
Officer, Non-Life Claims
Calendar/Date Posted on 22-Nov-19
Senior Actuarial Analyst
Calendar/Date Posted on 21-Nov-19
View all jobs from this employer