Good Lab provides bespoke social innovation consultancy and training services for organisations that are looking for human-centric solutions to their organisational challenges. Using design thinking as our main approach, we work with established organisations such as HSBC, MTR, Leisure and Cultural Services Department (LCSD), Yan Oi Tong, The Open University of Hong Kong, Drainage Services Department (DSD), and The Hong Kong Jockey Club Charities Trust to create effective and successful engagements with their stakeholders. We stand in the intersection between government, business and civil society as a neutral partner in foster cross-sector collaboration for future generations.
All of Good Lab's projects and programmes leverage the expertise of our vast network of international and local stakeholders. We bring our network together to address challenges like community building, public service innovation, youth empowerment, education innovation, diversity and inclusion, and environmental sustainability. We create a much-needed space in Hong Kong where unlikely allies can come together for dialogue, understanding and co-creation.
Good Lab is currently in a phase of unprecedented growth and is looking for energetic and capable people to join our team. The ideal candidate will have prior experience in project management and will understand the basic concepts and benefits of design thinking and user engagement, which are the main approaches we use in our work. We're looking for someone that is motivated by new challenges and want to play a direct part in creating institutional and community change on pressing social issues in our city.
In an era of pressing social needs in Hong Kong, the work of Good Lab in bringing together social change makers together to create solutions for the future of our city is more pressing than ever. If you feel called to make a pioneering impact for Hong Kong, check out our opportunities below.
We are looking for a Project Manager to lead and support an exciting array of client projects.
Working within a passionate small team, we are looking for a candidate who doesn't only want to sit at a computer all day. The main duties are to manage and facilitate social innovation projects that will deliver tangible outcomes for our clients and partners. You'll be exposed to a variety of challenging opportunities, arranging bespoke and engaging workshops for clients and coordinating dialogue between multiple stakeholders in different communities. You'll be engaged in the whole process, from developing proposals, structuring project and then executing it in the field. You'll get to understand, learn and visit parts of Hong Kong you never knew existed and get a multifaceted understanding of the complex issues in Hong Kong and attempt to curate experiences that will create solutions for them.
'I learned more in my first two months at the Good Lab than I did for a whole year in my last job.' -- quote from a team member.
Work You'll Do:
- Lead and execute projects to deliver a superior client experience, including developing project plans, managing budget, planning for user engagement logistics, developing deliverables, and ensuring buy-in of proposed solutions from clients
- Identify and solve problems objectively using analysis, experience and judgment
- Scope and deliver high-quality project deliverables, including (but not limited to) reports, presentations, and events etc.
- Identify and transform opportunities into solutions that drive values for our clients
- Develop relationships, establish credibility with and instil confidence in clients as their trusted social innovation advisor
- Comprehend how the client's organisation works and keep up-to-date on industry/sector trends, leading practices, and social innovation cases
- Engage with different partners and collaborators in our network to align priorities and direction
- Lead business development in identifying and pitching for potential client engagements
- Support Good Lab functions and events when required
Your Role as a Project Leader:
- Understand key objectives of clients and Good Lab, align people to goals and set priorities and direction
- Influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with partners in increasingly senior roles
- Deliver exceptional client services, maximising results and driving high performance from other members of project teams
- Coach high-performing individuals and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- Act as a role model, embracing and living Good Lab's purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- Bachelor's degree or above in social sciences, management, humanities, or related disciplines
- Minimum four (4) years of experience in project and/or programme management in a leader capacity providing client services in a multi-stakeholder environment
- Experience in innovation/business consulting, user research and engagement, public service and administration, social entrepreneurship, or related work would be a strong advantage
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with high commitment to quality client services
- Excellent command on MS PowerPoint and Word; solid skills in negotiation and consultative selling
- Demonstrate the ability to juggle multiple work priorities, attention to details and outstanding organisational skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the capacity to motivate and lead a team with enthusiasm, drive and effectiveness
- Demonstrate stakeholder management ability in interacting professionally with diverse groups of key decision-makers
- Excellent proficiency in both spoken and written English and Chinese (fluency in Mandarin would be an advantage)
- An outgoing character with a proven track record in business development activities would be an advantage
- Team player with the ability to take initiatives and self-motivated in a dynamic and collaborative project environment
- Be able to work on weekends and flexible hours for specific Good Lab functions when required
Candidates with less experience may be considered for a Project Officer position.
Interested applicants please send your Cover Letter and Resume with current and expected salary to email@example.com. Application with missing information will not be considered.
Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
Data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only and personal data of unsuccessful applicants will be destroyed after 12 months.