The IT Digital & Channels Solutions Department is responsible for the overall management and delivery of the wagering distribution channel technologies including fixed internet, mobile, retail, telebet, kiosk, selling terminals and devices. In addition, the team delivers high performance, reliable and secure channel distribution systems connecting to Pari-mutuel and Fixed Odds Wagering Systems. JOB_DESCRIPTION:
- Be a technology leader in the team helping address key technology problems and challenges from technology selection to scalability, availability and performance problem resolution, in addition to build functionality based on requirement specifications & high level architecture design from architects.
- Conduct system design review and software & code inspection to ascertain conformation to best design and coding practices on system deliverables
- Identify potential areas regarding software application development where existing policies and procedures are required to change, or when new application need to be developed.
- While reporting to development manager, they will also work with project manager, solution architects and business users during the analysis, definition and development phases. Define and develop Systems Requirement Spec (SRS) and System Design Spec (SDD) according to business solutions.
- Perform 2nd line of production system support
You should have:
- University degree or above in Computer science or Engineering or equivalent.
- At least 5 years IT experience with strong technical acumen for detailed design and development, with solid real world software development experience
- Working experience on large scale, high availability and high performance systems is an advantage, but online transaction processing, in a fast paced software development environment is key.
- Cloud technologies and micro-service experience will be advantages
- Min 5 years of strong software development experience on Linux/Java platform
- Very strong Java technology in particular core Java and frameworks like spring and hibernate are key with visible experience and use
- Experience with MS SQL server
- Experience with RESTfull APIs design and development
- Experience with message system (JMS)
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and best practices for full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management build processes, testing and operations.
- Experience with in-memory database system's design or multi-threading application design is an advantage
- Experience with practicing DevOps is an advantage
The level of appointment will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. A contract employment will be offered to the successful candidate. Contract renewal will be subject to mutual agreement between the Club and the individual. CLOSING_DATE:
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.