3D Animator (Junior)
Are you looking to develop your talents in animation amongst a driven and creative team? Do you want to collaborate with others to produce truly memorable works of animated art? Do you enjoy producing realistic characters and animating objects?
Then join the Nerds for a chance to virtualise characters, effects and environments!
The position will be offered initially as a CONTRACT role but with the possibility to convert into a full-time role if that’s what you’re looking for, and if you tick all our boxes in performance and company requirements!
idNerd, A FULL-SERVICE CREATIVE PRODUCTION STUDIO
What it’s like to work at idNerd:
- The Nerds at idNerd have a passion for art & design, particularly animation, and cutting-edge technologies. You will be working with incredibly talented, motivated individuals who have a desire to develop their skills exponentially.
- The work you do at idNerd is infectiously fun. You will find that you’re working because you WANT to be working - because the projects are out-of-the-box and because you’re mastering your skills at your pleasure.
- The projects we take on at idNerd also have the potential to give excitement to the public. If you love making people smile with your work - your personal flair - then this is the place for you.
- We don’t believe in outdated metrics like “working longer hours makes you a better employee”. We work hard, sure, but we work smarter. Arbitrary rules and regulations kill creativity, so we value flexibility - in perception and execution of tasks.
- Feel part of a fast-growing start-up i.e. we value open discussion and have a limited bureaucracy. There is no hierarchy of opinions. If you have difficulty talking candidly with a Creative Director or project supervisor, then this is not the space for you. Creativity needs criticism to excel.
- 5 day work week
- Flexible work hours/schedule
- Minimum 10 days annual leave (increases based on every year of employment)
- Eligibility for company medical scheme after period of employment
- Free snacks and coffee/drinks in our well-stocked pantry
- Recreational activities (Nintendo Switch, Arcade Games, Foosball Table etc.)
- Interpret storyboards and designs to create character and object animations.
- Collaborate with design and effects team to understand and integrate motion into models.
- Work with art directors and project leads to conceptualise and visualise character animations and effects.
- Create realistic and consistent animation.
- Rig models and optimise model geometry.
- Design animation and character state systems.
- Develop and optimise animation pipelines.
- Analyse and troubleshoot technical issues within the pipeline.
- Perform light/rendering set up as required by your supervisor.
- Work with artists, animators and programmers to execute projects according to deadline.
- Keep abreast of the latest developments in 3D design, capture and modelling tools and technologies (which should be a piece of cake with the Nerd chat!).
- Responsible for other art tasks as required/relevant.
- Good knowledge of animation production pipeline.
- Graduate or technical diploma of a recognized animation program, 3D modeling or similar.
- Good knowledge of 3D design and animation tools such as Maya, After Effects and ZBrush.
- Knowledge in Adobe Photoshop and/or traditional arts, graphic design, anatomy etc.
- Able to perform basic lighting / rendering setup.
- Some familiarity with animation techniques or willing to learn pick up concepts quickly (learn as you go!)
- Able to work under pressure with good problem solving skills.
- Must be flexible enough to deal with changing role requirements.
- Good teamwork, people and organizational skills.
- Recent graduates will be considered for this position.
- Do not forget to attach your DEMO REEL! If you don’t have one attached, you won’t be considered for the role.
- For Hong Kong Residents Only.
We’re an Equal Opportunities Employer
We believe in giving everyone the same opportunities for employment, pay, and promotion, without discrimination. Your gender, race, religion, sexual orientation or whether or not you’re a Star Wars fan or a Star Trek fan has no bearing on your path for opportunities at idNerd.
All applications will be treated in strict confidence and will be used for recruitment purposes only. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.