Junior 3D Animator
Do you enjoy collaborating with other talented artists, engineers and programmers to develop something truly spectacular? Do you have an eye for detail when it comes to the technical rules and artistic vision of integrating 3D animation? Can you multitask like a compositing boss?
Join the Nerds as our VFX Compositor.
idNerd, A FULL-SERVICE CREATIVE PRODUCTION STUDIO
What it’s like to work at idNerd:
- The Nerds at idNerd have a passion for art & design, particularly animation, and cutting-edge technologies. You will be working with incredibly talented, motivated individuals who have a desire to develop their skills exponentially.
- The work you do at idNerd is infectiously fun. You will find that you’re working because you WANT to be working - because the projects are out-of-the-box and because you’re mastering your skills at your pleasure.
- The projects we take on at idNerd also have the potential to give excitement to the public. If you love making people smile with your work - your personal flair - then this is the place for you.
- We don’t believe in outdated metrics like “working longer hours makes you a better employee”. We work hard, sure, but we work smarter. Arbitrary rules and regulations kill creativity, so we value flexibility - in perception and execution of tasks.
- Feel part of a fast-growing start-up i.e. we value open discussion and have a limited bureaucracy. There is no hierarchy of opinions. If you have difficulty talking candidly with a Creative Director or project supervisor, then this is not the space for you. Creativity needs criticism to excel.
- 5 day work week
- Flexible work hours/schedule
- Minimum 10 days annual leave (increases based on every year of employment)
- Eligibility for company medical scheme after period of employment
- Free snacks and coffee/drinks in our well-stocked pantry
- Recreational activities (Nintendo Switch, Arcade Games, Foosball Table etc.)
- Achieve simple to complex compositing tasks at all stages of the production process including pre-comps, temp composites, 2D tracking, 2D effects, extractions, selection and integration of elements, and color grading
- Integrate 3D elements in compliance with high standard of visual effects production
- Work with relevant supervisors in relation to compositing
- Deliver work within established project targets and the high quality standards of the company.
- Work with artists animators and programmers to execute projects according to deadline
- Keep abreast of the latest developments in 3D design, capture and modelling tools and technologies (which should be a piece of cake with the Nerd chat!)
- Responsible for other art tasks as required/relevant.
- Experience in VFX production in a similar position.
- Good working knowledge of
- Developed artistic senses, good eye for detail and knowledge of colour, light, perspective and composition.
- Excellent organisational and communication skills.
- Able to perform multiple tasks, prioritise and problem-solve.
- Recent graduates will be considered for this position.
- Do not forget to attach your DEMO REEL! If you don’t have one attached, you won’t be considered for the role.
- For Hong Kong Residents Only.
We’re an Equal Opportunities Employer
We believe in giving everyone the same opportunities for employment, pay, and promotion, without discrimination. Your gender, race, religion, sexual orientation or whether or not you’re a Star Wars fan or a Star Trek fan has no bearing on your path for opportunities at idNerd.
All applications will be treated in strict confidence and will be used for recruitment purposes only. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.