Hardware Integration Engineer
Do you relish the idea of working with Casino Gaming Hardware? Do you hit all the high-notes when your work could disrupt the gaming industry? idNerd creates some of the world’s most innovative technologies and developments for the casino and gaming sector, and we’re looking for a fellow Nerd to join our development team. Join us in innovating the market with your superior problem-solving skills and evaluative abilities.idNerd Studio, INNOVATIVE / CONTENT DRIVEN / ENTERTAINMENT FOCUS
- 5 day work week
- Flexible work hours/schedule
- Minimum 10 days annual leave (increases based on every year of employment)
- Eligibility for company medical scheme after probation period
- Free snacks and coffee/drinks in our well-stocked pantry
- Recreational activities (Nintendo Switch, Arcade Games, Foosball Table etc.)
- Interfacing software and hardware
- Hardware integration
- Compare hardware alternatives and provide suggestions
- Provide technical documentation
- Develop proof-of-concept hardware & software interfaces and solutions
- Collaborate and coordinate with a small team of engineers reporting directly to the CTO
- BEng / MSc in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electronic Engineering, Higher Diploma in Engineering or related discipline.
- Experience working with direct access hardware, via traditional Serial or USB interfaces.
- System: Familiar with Linux & Windows, Networking programming & debugging
- Data: SQL, SQlite, BerkleyDB
- Hardware: Electronic system protocols, flow controls, experience in interfacing hardware & sensors. Familiar in CE, FCC and UL approval testing is advantageous.
- Hardware interface experience: RS232 Serial, USB I/F - experience with Arduino or RasPi a plus. Electronic systems protocols - specifically hardware sensor integration.
- Tools: Git, Jenkins, AWS
- Good analytical and problem solving skills, ability to think laterally.
- Critical eye for design and detail.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
What it’s like to work at idNerd:
- Candidates who can provide project references will be considered first
- Attach at least two examples of other projects you have worked on (with working code and tests - github repo preferred)
- Note your expected salary in your application. (Our Studio offers competitive salaries with remuneration based on skills and experience.)
- For Hong Kong Residents Only.
We’re an Equal Opportunities Employer
- You will be working with incredibly talented, motivated individuals who have a desire to develop their skills exponentially.
- The work you do at idNerd is infectiously fun. You will find that you’re working in an environment where everyone WANT to be there - and the projects & products that we are developing are industry leading and will allow you to mastering your skills.
- We don’t believe in outdated metrics like “working longer hours makes you a better employee”. We work hard, sure, but we also work smarter. Arbitrary rules and regulations kill creativity and innovation, so we value flexibility - in perception and execution of tasks. Don't forget, we play hard too!
- Feel part of a fast-growing start-up, i.e. we value open discussion and have a limited bureaucracy. There is no hierarchy of opinions. If you have difficulty talking candidly with your development lead or with the development team, then this is not the space for you.
- Everyone here has a CAN DO attitude. In-order to create innovation solutions that will disrupt the casino industry, we needs people who can think outside the box.
We believe in giving everyone the same opportunities for employment, pay, and promotion, without discrimination. Your gender, race, religion, sexual orientation or whether or not you’re a Star Wars fan or a Star Trek fan has no bearing on your path for opportunities at idNerd.
All applications will be treated in strict confidence and will be used for recruitment purposes only.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.