Computer Vision Engineer
Do you want to be part of an agile and ambitious team of developers? Does the idea of developing and deploying creative new computer vision and machine learning in Casino Gaming application excite you? idNerd creates some of the world’s most innovative technologies and developments for the casino and gaming sector, and we’re looking for a fellow Nerd to join our development team. Join us in innovating the market with your talents.idNerd Studio, INNOVATIVE / CONTENT DRIVEN / ENTERTAINMENT FOCUS
- 5 day work week
- Flexible work hours/schedule
- Minimum 10 days annual leave (increases based on every year of employment)
- Eligibility for company medical scheme after probation period
- Free snacks and coffee/drinks in our well-stocked pantry
- Recreational activities (Nintendo Switch, Arcade Games, Foosball Table etc.)
- Contribute to attention and object tracking system
- Responsible for developing software to analyze real-time video data using Computer Vision
- Coordinate and collaborate with a small team of engineers reporting directly to the CTO
- Familiar with OpenCV2 for Python is required.
- C/C++ experience is preferred.
- Familiar with source control, feature branching and automated deployment using git and not afraid of the unix/linux shell.
- Any experience with embedded systems and efficient resource environments (mobile devices, Arduino, RasPi) is advantageous.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills, ability to think laterally.
- Critical eye for design and detail.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
What it’s like to work at idNerd:
- Candidates who can provide project references will be considered first
- Attach at least two examples of other projects you have worked on (with working code and tests - github repo preferred)
- Note your expected salary in your application. (Our Studio offers competitive salaries with remuneration based on skills and experience.)
- Hong Kong Residents Preferred.
- Oversea Candidates will be considered. For this position, idNerd Studio can offer VISA sponsorship for working in Hong Kong. However, you must be an expert in the area of Computer Vision and have proof that you are an expert in this field for the purpose of immigration department VISA sponsorship application. Therefore, we are unable to consider candidates without any experience in the field of Computer Vision for VISA sponsorship purposes.
We’re an Equal Opportunities Employer
- You will be working with incredibly talented, motivated individuals who have a desire to develop their skills exponentially.
- The work you do at idNerd is infectiously fun. You will find that you’re working in an environment where everyone WANT to be there - and the projects & products that we are developing are industry leading and will allow you to mastering your skills.
- We don’t believe in outdated metrics like “working longer hours makes you a better employee”. We work hard, sure, but we also work smarter. Arbitrary rules and regulations kill creativity and innovation, so we value flexibility - in perception and execution of tasks. Don't forget, we play hard too!
- Feel part of a fast-growing start-up, i.e. we value open discussion and have a limited bureaucracy. There is no hierarchy of opinions. If you have difficulty talking candidly with your development lead or with the development team, then this is not the space for you.
- Everyone here has a CAN DO attitude. In-order to create innovation solutions that will disrupt the casino industry, we needs people who can think outside the box.
We believe in giving everyone the same opportunities for employment, pay, and promotion, without discrimination. Your gender, race, religion, sexual orientation or whether or not you’re a Star Wars fan or a Star Trek fan has no bearing on your path for opportunities at idNerd.
All applications will be treated in strict confidence and will be used for recruitment purposes only.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.