The role of a Technical Consultant (Big Data & Analytics) is to propose and implement solutions to our clients, which will require you to work closely with members of the team and customers. You will serve as the go-to person when it comes to technical solutioning for Big Data and Analytics.
As part of the solutions team in JOS, you are come up with solutions within your technical domain, but also work with other teams to deliver complete solutions to our customers and within JOS. You will also be part of the team to carve out innovative solutions to problems.
The Technical Consultant reports to the Business Manager.
• Work closely with end-users in projects, feasibility studies and functional analysis;
• Architect end-to-end data solutions ranging from databases/data lakes and warehouses to reports and dashboards;
• Develop data solutions required based on requirements for data processing, transformation, presentation etc.;
• Perform improvements to existing data platform architecture;
• Create test cases and project documentation;
• Provide post-implementation support and troubleshooting when necessary;
• Work together with internal solution and service teams to deliver effective solutions
• Minimum 4 years' experience in architecting, implementation and administration of data and analytics solutions;
• Extensive development and administration experience in database technologies such as Microsoft SQL Server, Greenplum, Snowflake or related;
• Extensive development and administration experience in data visualization technologies such as Microsoft Power BI, Tableau and Qlik;
• Good analytical, troubleshooting and communication skills with the ability to work independently or in a team
• Hands-on programming knowledge in Java, C#, PowerShell etc.
Any professional certification on related technologies will be highly advantageous.