OverviewA Hardware Managed Services (HMS) Engineer provides basic to intermediate level desktop installation, configuration, support and troubleshooting services in the Wintel environment. HMS Engineers can provide basic desktop support, offering simple fixes and fixing known errors.
The HMS Engineer is hardware skilled and accredited through the appropriate core vendor training programs to provide desktop, laptop and thin clients break-fix support.
Typically, a HMS Engineer will provide software installations and configuration in an existing desktop infrastructure or pre-designed project and will be familiar with current Microsoft desktop Operating Systems.
• Minimum 1 - 3 Desktop support experience in a large corporation environment
• Perform requested installation, moves, changes, upgrades, configuration, testing and other planned requests on End User IT Hardware and Peripherals such as laptops, desktops, thin clients, IP phones, etc.
• Perform PC staging, wiping, or de-installation as per Operation Support Manuals (OSMs)
• Troubleshoot and resolve hardware related incidents
• Replace hardware components in equipment
• Perform other IT related actions as guided by the Computacenter Lead or Service Manager
• Perform support tasks in agreed SLAs
• Obtain Customer end user sign off of work performed as required
• Update the ticket in the Customer tool identified in the OSMs
• Maintain and update End User IT Hardware inventory
• Essential Technical Skills
• Windows 7 / 10
• MS Office 2010 + application suite
• Ticketing System, e.g. ServiceNow
• Understanding of ITIL, or ITIL certified
Essential Non-Technical Skills
• Good communication and reporting skills
• Strong team player with strong client focus
• Good analytical and problem-solving skills
• Proactive and flexible in accommodating stretched tasks
• Work effectively under minimum supervision
About HMS Team Structure
• Perform BAU support in multiple client's offices
Shift rostering between 7AM - 7PM weekdays
• Support projects or ad-hoc tasks in non-office hours including weekends and public holidays