Apply for this job
Lalamove has become a global platform that provides on-demand delivery services. Lalamove's Business Intelligence team sits at the heart of the platform. The team produces quantitative insights that enable Lalamove to develop incisive, real-time products and strategies that yield an efficient and competitive place.
The Director of Business Intelligence will build Lalamove's information management and business intelligence function. The Director will act as an adviser to our leaders to help them drive higher levels of engagement with our members and grow market share using data as a strategic asset.
This is a unique and rare opportunity to get in on the ground floor within a fast growing company and help shape the technology, product and the business.
What you will do
- Define the data and analytics strategy and project priorities in partnership with cross-functional leaders.
- You will lead a team of business intelligence analysts to cover business intelligence of Lalamove's global product, marketing, online experience, offline sales, international expansion, people and more.
- Set up and manage a business reporting framework for multiple stakeholders with meaningful KPIs.
- Work closely with Lalamove's leadership and calibrate with Product and Tech teams to capture and develop analytical ideas from across the organization.
- Extract insights on customer behavior from various internal data sources in order to continuously improve the user experience and drive member retention.
- Monitor the health of the business on a daily basis and trigger troubleshooting processes as issues arise.
What we seek
- Undergraduate Degree and/or Postgraduate Degree in Computer Science, Analytics, Economics, or other relevant field.
- A self-starter with a hands-on mentality and a passion for data and analytics.
- Proven ability to lead high-performing analytics and data teams, deliver actionable insights, and apply strong judgement to prioritization.
- Ability to deal with conflicting priorities, make decisions in stressful situations and on-going pressure from stakeholders while maintaining a healthy team culture and work-life balance.
- Advanced querying skills (SQL), experience with very large datasets, and advanced skills with analysis software such as Excel or equivalents.
- Excellent at visualizing data and extracting key insights that drive business.
- Intellectually curious and eager to recognize patterns in data from various sources.
- Draws from a deep group- or department-level business understanding to make decisions.
- Clearly sees how analysis supports the end user's ability to achieve business goals.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Strong judgment and instincts.
What we offer
- A competitive salary package
- Annual Performance Related Bonus
- Healthcare/Insurance Cover from day 1
- Generous Parental Leave
- Stunning brand new offices, a 2 minute walk from MTR
- International team environment
- Fun and diverse culture
To all recruitment agencies - Lalamove does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Lalamove employees or any other company location. Lalamove is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.