Apply for this job
5 years since Lalamove's inception, navigating the ups and downs of the start up scene, living the real O2O - our values of Passion, Grit, Humility and Execution have taken us from Hong Kong to over 120 cities in Asia.
At present, as the no.1 on-demand delivery platform with over 2.5 million drivers in the region, our aspirations to become synonymous to delivery is stronger than ever. We see a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to change how online purchases are delivered, and we are super excited to introduce a new service catering for the surging demand of online delivery.
If you can see the same opportunity as we do, have the courage to take on big new challenges, are willing to roll your sleeves up to execute and make things happen, we want you to join our founding team for this new venture.
What you'll do:
- As a Software Engineer - Backend, you'll primarily be developing and maintaining features for our API and internal tools. In this role, you will be the backbone to every product; optimizing new and existing algorithms that make our operations run smoothly. You will be design, implement, and launch scalable systems to build new products, features, and services as well as improve existing ones. As Lalamove continues its rapid expansion, our products must be able to support the growth coming from our users.
- Ability to learn quickly: you will have the ability to learn new technology and frameworks to support the company's growth
- Detail-oriented: while detail usually relates to frontend, detail is equally important, if not more important on the backend. As our systems must be scalable, the ease of scaling and expanding is heavily determined by the backend
- Ability to juggle many tasks: the ability to multitask and stay organized is a necessity at our company, all while making sure that new features and updates are rolled out in a timely manner
- Strong communicator: as a backend developer, it is of great importance to communicate frequently to everyone on the tech team to inform them of updates or changes.
What we seek:
- Self-driven: you are naturally an overachiever and want to get things done, with excellent organizational skills, integrity and follow through. You are up for the challenge of doing whatever it takes for our team to succeed
- Passionate: you have a positive outlook on everything and pass the same vibe onto others, internally and externally. You are the poster child of our values and can be our ambassador to spur employee engagement and a buzzing office environment
- Execution: you have experience gained from working in start-up environments and you're innovative, highly creative and have high standards when it comes to providing top notch onboarding experience to our employees
- Gritty: besides being charismatic and can talk to anyone and gain rapport easily, you are not afraid of challenges and don't give up until the goal is met!
- Humility: you never say no, always believe in self-improvement and development, can learn quickly from mistakes and open to feedback. You are a team player. You're willing to help out wherever needed in a get your hands dirty start-up environment.
What you'll need:
- At least 2 years of experience in software development using Java, NodeJS, PHP
- Business or engineering degree preferred
- Experience with Redis
- Experience building RESTful API
- Experience working with MySQL, MongoDB or other NoSQL solutions experience
- Be flexible, grow, and learn quickly in a startup environment
- Good team player, self-motivated and able to work independently