Apply for this job
Lalamove is disrupting the logistics industry by connecting customers and drivers directly through our technology. We offer customers a lightning fast and convenient way to book delivery and moving services whether they are at their home, at work or on the go. People talk about O2O, we live it. Onto our fifth year as a start-up, now operating in Hong Kong, China, Taiwan, Thailand, Singapore, Philippines and Vietnam, our aspirations don't stop there as our model has the ability to transform how goods move in any city worldwide.
As a Data Scientist at Lalamove, you will be part of the growing Data team working together with fellow Data Scientists, Data Engineers and ML Engineers to support different functional departments in the headquarters, as well as our offices across Southeast Asia. You will be responsible for designing and modeling of data-driven solutions used for making our products, services and operations intelligent. You will work on variety of challenges including Dynamic Pricing, Order Allocation, ETA, Fraud Detection, Vehicle Routing and many others you will help identify and resolve. The ideal candidate will have a passion for generating value out of data.
What we seek:
- Quick learner: you enjoy analyzing data, building algorithms and you have the ability to learn new methods and technologies quickly
- Problem solver: you have strong critical thinking skills, willing to find creative solutions to difficult problems and work smart before hard
- High autonomy: self-organized, initiator, passionate with a can-do attitude and own end-to-end projects
- Team player: you go the extra mile to ensure success and alignment of all parties involved
- Communicative: you have the ability to elaborate complex technical concepts and collaborate effectively with fellow teammates and stakeholders
What you'll need:
- At least 1 year of experience as a data scientist
- Educational background in statistics, computer science, other applied sciences or understanding of data science theory
- You have hands-on experience designing and building machine learning models and workflows
- Experience in one or more of the following: Classical ML, Deep Learning, Image Processing, NLP, Time Series Modeling, Operations Research, Reinforcement Learning and Recommendation Systems
- Experience with machine learning frameworks and libraries (e.g. Sklearn, H2O, XGBoost, TensorFlow, Theano, Keras, Spark MLlib)
- Proficiency in SQL and Python
- Experience with AWS (EC2, EMR, S3, Redshift and Lambda) and distributed computing systems (e.g. Spark) is a plus
- Comfortable with Linux and Git commands
- Good command of English
To all recruitment agencies - Lalamove does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Lalamove employees or any other company location. Lalamove is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.