Lalamove is disrupting the logistics industry by connecting customers and drivers directly through our technology. We offer customers a lightning fast and convenient way to book delivery and moving services whether they are at their home, at work or on the go. People talk about O2O, we live it. Onto our fourth year as a start-up, now operating in Hong Kong, China, Taiwan, Thailand, Singapore, Philippines and Vietnam, our aspirations don't stop there as our model has the ability to transform how goods moved in any city worldwide.
Currently, we are looking for a high-caliber individual to join as City Launcher , as we continue to expand our presence and capabilities across SEA. Backed by a team of experienced entrepreneurs, Lalamove offers a great place to add real value because you get real ownership of what you do. Come work with energetic, dynamic individuals, and play a critical role in disrupting the entire logistics market in a cutting edge tech company.
What we seek:
The world moves fast and you will need to move faster. Quick wits, problem solving and a entrepreneur mentality will be critical to your success. The City Launcher role requires a high-energy, disciplined individual to run all aspects of market opening. You will have to identify and validate business opportunities, build and execute landing plans, measure and adjust product/market fit. You will be constantly travelling across the region for extensive period of tim, bringing Lalamove to many more cities in need of such service. As part of the expansion team, you will be part of a special force within the company; dropped in a new city and work independently for most of the time, while coordinating with head departments to achieve your goals.
You will be responsible for a wide range of activities including, but not limited to:
- Representing our brand in new markets: understand the company's business and objectives, build a local network of facilitators, be the face of Lalamove in new markets
- Validating local business opportunities: investigate new markets using the tools and processes developed internally
- Acquiring talent: build a world-class team locally, from Managing Director to customer services and operations managers.
- Market landing: elaborate product/market fit strategyLanding execution: make sure everything is done for a successful launch, from setting up the right office to enforcing the right processes (supply onboarding, CS, etc.)
- Liaising with other departments: communicate your priorities and required support with the right departments
- Improving processes: support the expansion team in building scalable tools and SOP to improve opening efficiency
What you'll need:
- Minimum 3 years work experience accumulated from operations background .
- Strong problem solving skills, versatile business knowledge and has had experience conducting business in SEA.
- Ability to lead and help people succeed.
- Independent and organized person, always seeking for improvements.
- Self-motivated, passionate and driven with a can-do attitude, ability to hire good talents locally.
- Strong communicator: ability to effectively work and communicate in a cross-functional environment
- Ability to travel for extensive periods in different countries in Southeast Asia.
- Prior experience in logistics or O2O business would be an advantage.
- Fluent in English Proficiency in any of the following languages will be an advantage: Mandarin, Cantonese, Tagalog, Bahasa Indonesian, Bahasa Malaysian, Vietnamese, Thai
- Strong local connection in one or several countries in Southeast Asia is an advantage