Miro - AI for Sport
Miro is a Computer Vision & AI startup focused on Sport Analytics. Our AI delivers magic to millions of amateur athletes in the USA, EU & Asia-Pacific. We are an R&D-focused startup with solid adoption, strong growth & have quickly built a reputation as an innovation leader in AI for sport.
Our core product, RunnerTag ( www.runnertag.com ) is the fastest, most-accurate athlete identification system available today. Marathon/Race Timing companies use Miro’s APIs to instantly identify athletes in their event photos & video. Athletes use Miro’s AI to find & share their accomplishments with friends & family. Brands use Miro’s data to better understand their market, position their products & participate meaningfully in the athlete experience.
Miro is backed by a US-based lead investor, SOSV (https://sosv.com/), & a participant in Chinacellerator, Nvidia Inception, AWS Activate & Cyberport. We’ve got really big plans & need you (yes, you!) to join the Miro team!
Data Scientist (Contract to Full-time)
We’re currently seeking a Data Scientist to join our Asia-based team. In this role, you will be working with Miro’s growing dataset of unstructured images & video frames. You will be improving existing models, but also creating new predictions & experiments as the business expands. We are R&D focused & have an iterative “playground” approach to leveraging our data toward new, never-before-seen predictions.
The role is a full-time opportunity with equity potential for exceptional candidates.
- Experience with Tensorflow, Keras, PaddlePaddle Python (numpy, scipy, pandas, matplotlib)
- Background in Computer Vision: Convolutions, HaaR/viola jones, edge detection, HoGs
- Understanding of software development workflows, source control and CI/CD flows
- Proven experience mining existing data to create new models and insights
- Experience deploying machine learning models at scale in the cloud is a plus
- Written & spoken English required. Chinese (Mandarin or Cantonese) a plus
To apply, please send your resume/CV to email@example.com. Please also include:
- Location: Jingan Temple, Shanghai or Hong Kong (Partial Remote OK!)
- Hours per week: 40h
- Start Date: September/October 2018
- Compensation: Competitive w/ potential for equity
1. A link to your Github or other project portfolio
2. Favorite sport or outdoor activity (as either athlete or spectator)
3. One Computer Vision project you worked on alone or with a team. What did you set out to create? Where did you acquire or build the training dataset? What were the challenges & what did you learn from the experience?