Miro - AI for Sport
Miro is a Computer Vision & AI startup focused on Sport Analytics. Our AI delivers magic to millions of amateur athletes in the USA, EU & Asia-Pacific. We are an R&D-focused startup with solid adoption, strong growth & have quickly built a reputation as an innovation leader in AI for sport.
Our core product, RunnerTag ( www.runnertag.com ) is the fastest, most-accurate athlete identification system available today. Marathon/Race Timing companies use Miro’s APIs to instantly identify athletes in their event photos & video. Athletes use Miro’s AI to find & share their accomplishments with friends & family. Brands use Miro’s data to better understand their market, position their products & participate meaningfully in the athlete experience.
Miro is backed by a US-based lead investor, SOSV (https://sosv.com/), & a participant in Chinacellerator, Nvidia Inception, AWS Activate & Cyberport. We’ve got really big plans & need you (yes, you!) to join the Miro team!
Back-end & DevOps Engineer (Python & node.js)
We’re currently seeking a Backend Web Developer (Python & node.js) to join our Asia-based team. In this role, you will be building API logic, automation & event driven services for predictions with our AI models, data & cloud services.
The role is meant to be a 3 month contract with a full-time opportunity for exceptional performers.
- 3+ years software development experience; Bachelors of Computer Science/IT or equivalent experience
- Ability to read/write code & comfortably plan execution/features in accordance with known limitations/provisions due to coding knowledge/experience (primarily JS, Python, PHP)
- Intermediate-to-Expert familiarity with AWS administration or competing products (Azure, GCS, Aliyun)
- Intermediate familiarity with Serverless Architecture components, specifically API Gateway, AWS Lambda & AWS DynamoDB
- Experience working within teams delivering high-scale, consumer-facing products -100k+ daily users
- Experience writing unit test & automated testing systems, defining end-end functional test scripts & working with outsourced teams to perform these tests
- Experience developing REST API documentation & API Security - Postman/Swagger etc.
- Written & spoken English required. Chinese (Mandarin or Cantonese) a plus
To apply, please send your resume/CV to email@example.com. Please also include:
- Location: Jingan Temple, Shanghai or Hong Kong (Partial Remote OK!)
- Hours per week: 40h
- Start Date: Mid-September
- Contract duration: 3 months
- Compensation: hourly/competitive
1. A link to your Github or other project portfolio
2. Favorite sport or outdoor activity (as either athlete or spectator)
3. One mobile or web product you admire for its usability/UX. What makes this product stand out to you? What would you do to make this product better or more usable?