Candidates are expected to fulfill most of the following requirements:
- Drive the company's approach to delivering an AI platform for proprietary medical devices that assists surgeons to visualize, navigate and execute procedures with added assurance;
- Build a strong team and lead the development/application of deep learning algorithms which effect imitation learning with neural networks using multiple types of training datasets;
- Design, implement and evaluate advanced algorithms for visual servoing, real-time motion coordination and path planning;
- Develop verification and validation protocols for software in accordance with regulatory requirements;
- Participate in product development reviews and contribute to decisions that result in safe, robust and cost-effective intelligent functions for robotic medical devices; and
- Assist CTO, CEO, Director of Engineering and collaborate closely with other team leads within the business to ensure harmony between priorities and delivery.
Primary Working Location:
- A minimum of Master's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent, PhD degree with good academic publication track record is an advantage;
- Proven experience in the fields of AI and real-time software, leading specialized teams of data scientists and/or software engineers in designing, implementing, testing and delivering relevant commercial products;
- In-depth understanding of the ML landscape, including experience delivering capabilities that leverage deep learning and/or imitation learning technologies;
- Knowledge in VGG and/or ResNet ANN architectures is preferred;
- Proficiency with programming in Python/C++/Linux environments;
- Understanding of IEC60601, IEC62304, security and compliance constraints is a plus;
- Demonstrable thought leadership in product development and research projects, covering recent advances in AI for vision and robotic systems;
- Entrepreneurial mindset with ability of serving as a team leader as well as a team player; and
- Ability to coach and nurture talents internally within a company.
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
January 2, 2019