Otter Products includes two industry leading protective solution brands, both with a core emphasis on mobile handheld technology.
OTTERBOX is the #1 selling protective phone case brand in the U.S.A. and increasingly offers an expanded product lineup in the outdoor gear category.
LIFEPROOF is a globally recognized waterproof case pioneer that has grown to offer a product lineup which increasingly caters to those who live an active lifestyle.
With offices in Colorado (HQ), Hong Kong, San Diego and Cork we collaborate globally to deliver the best, but like our namesake Otter, we work hard and play hard together.
We're looking for an experienced and personable Senior Design Lead to produce and oversee digital and print creative solutions to address our marketing needs. Someone with in-depth knowledge of graphic design, styles and layout techniques.
Do you have the ability to dissect and respond to briefs, help manage workload and act as a thought leader? Our ideal candidate is an excellent graphic designer who is not afraid to voice opinions and help steer the creative direction on a local and Global level. Proven experience supervising a team is a must.
Composure and ability to execute marketing projects from conception to production, including web, booth design, brochures and product packaging, all whilst being able to confidently connect our APAC team with the US HQ and EMEA teams.
Ultimately, you will ensure the design team delivers high quality pieces in a timely manner within our fast paced tech industry.
- Project manage the design team to deliver all design projects, from conception to delivery.
- Understand the wider business need and co-ordinate a team of 3 designers to execute, while taking ownership of
- Review the design teams' work to ensure high quality
- Design original pieces, including illustrations and infographics
- Demonstrate technical skill and artistic sensibility throughout design process
- Create artwork using Adobe Creative Suite®
- Create web-based image files
- Collaborate cross-departmentally (Channel, eComm, Sales) to manage and design relevant materials (digital,
print, OOO etc…)
- Work with the Global marketing and sales teams to develop creative solutions
- Contribute to and understand Global creative direction and work within established brand guidelines,
understanding localisation requirements as appropriate
- Create eye-catching designs and images to truly tell the OtterBox & LifeProof brand stories
- Communication skills, creativity, drive for results, innovation management, presentation skills, vision and
- Must be a strong visual storyteller
- 6+ years full-time graphic design experience in a production environment
- Portfolio of completed design projects
- Proven work in a supervisory role
- Hands-on advanced experience with Adobe Creative Suite® (InDesign, Photoshop, illustrator, After Effects,
- Strong photo retouching and digital imaging skills
- Experience with video editing
- Experience in Adobe Flash
- Skills in branding and brand enhancement
- Strong attention to visual details
- Strong aesthetic skills with the ability to combine various colours, fonts and layouts
- Experience with 3rd party vendor relationships (printers, agencies, etc.)
- Packaging experience is an advantage
- Ability to oversee and manage the APAC design team, aiding them on both a Global and local level, as well as
work independently when required
- Experience in presenting creative briefs, decks and final artwork for review and approval
- Confidence to shape Global campaigns and initiatives
- Confidence to lead communications with Global directors
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills, including presentation skills
- Proficiency in written and verbal Chinese preferred but not essential
If the above sounds like you, and you are keen to work at Otter Products' Hong Kong office, please send your Resume, Cover Letter, Portfolio and any relevant Links to us.