Prenetics, with over US $50m in strategic investments from Alibaba and Ping An, is one of the fastest growing genetic testing / digital health companies globally.
We're recruiting the best and brightest engineers in and around Hong Kong to join our engineering team. As a Mobile Software Engineer
at Prenetics, you will work on building high quality mobile applications centered around health and wellness. We move fast and develop a lot of ideas so you will have to keep up with our pace and not be resistant to regular product changes. You will be great at prioritising tasks in a busy environment and be able to show that you can hit deadlines and exceed expectations
Engineering responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Design, develop and maintain modern and responsive mobile applications
- Work in a team to deliver all products under the Prenetics platform
- Work closely with product management team to define requirements and needs
- You set a high bar for yourself and your team's engineering skills
- You possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written)
- You develop high quality maintainable code to meet complex changing environment
- You seriously test your changes before hitting the main branch
- You support your code in production
- You continuously deliver improvements to the code base
- You have solid analytical and problem solving skills and strong attention to detail
- You learn quickly and like to stay current with new technologies
Your technical skills
- Engineering or computer science degree or equivalent
- Understanding of data structures, design patterns and building reusable code
- Enterprise-level hands on experience on React Native development
- Familiarity with how to optimize code for phones, testing with phones, challenges with phones
- Experience working with RESTful APIs
- Experience with BDD/TDD, CI/CD, Scrum/Kanban
Our Core Values
Customer Happiness : We need to do everything we can to make our customers happy. Often times, these are the little things that goes unnoticed which makes big differences.
Be Open and Transparent : The more open we are with our business, the more we can earn trust and credibility. This is true here at Prenetics as well, you can be rest assured that senior management is to be very open and transparent.
Adapt To & Embrace & Drive CHANGE : Change may sometimes be unsetting, especially if it is unwanted or unexpected, yet, it is the only constant, where we must evolve as our customers expect more and as our competitive landscape becomes more demanding.
Walk the Talk : If you say you will do something, you better make sure you complete your task by the date it needs to get completed. No BS here, no excuses and everyone has a responsibility to do their part.
TEAMWORK : The best leaders are the ones that listen and at Prenetics here, our management understands from and crafts by listening to our team members to enable them to do their best.
Be PROACTIVE : Being proactive is taking initiative in a situation. Being the first to step up and say, hey "i can do this". Being proactive is becoming the emergent leader in a group. Proactive people are positive thinkers.
Be Passionate & Determined : Passion. Period. Sure we can do a job---anyone or any organization can just get the job done. But to get the job done exceptionally well? That takes passion.
Be Humble : Arrogance is self-destructive in the long run and though we take pride in our roles and results, we at Prenetics here, always live by that "we are only as good as our last month".
Move Fast : Moving fast is one of a startup's greatest abilities. If you believe in something, get on it and get it done. Don't over think it, and just move.
Do Epic Shit : Building great and big things means taking risks. This can be often times scary and prevents companies from doing the big things they should be. However, in our world where things are moving so fast, we are guaranteed to fail if we don't take risks.