Description Storage Administrator I-IN
Responsible for the day-to-day operations on multiple storage arrays and storage infrastructure. Initial activities include the provision, expansion and decommission of customer storage across single and multi-tenant arrays. Further activities will include performance reporting, maintenances and troubleshooting.
- KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS/ABILITY: Must have experience working in enforced change and risk control environments. Strong attention to detail. Strong written and verbal communication skills. Strong interpersonal skills. Strong time-management skills. Strong problem solving and analytical skills. Strong technical knowledge in technology troubleshooting methodologies, design, and implementation.
- Able to resolve problems in an efficient and thus, timely manner. Able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously without dropping attention to detail or risk eversion. Basic knowledge and understanding of troubleshooting, testing, and performance tuning in Storage platforms. Basic knowledge of storage best practices for current VMware, Windows and Linux operation systems, File systems, SQL, MySQL, Oracle, and Exchange. Strong working knowledge of Networking, Fiber Channel concepts, and technologies.
- Hands on experience of a combination within EMC VMAX, VNX1, VNX2, Unity, Isilon, and NetApp FAS arrays; Cluster mode and 7-mode, FlexClone, SnapMirror, SnapVault, SnapRestore, SnapDrive, and Brocade Fiber Channel Switches required.Ability to provide FANATICAL support.
- JOB COMLEXITY: Works on tickets as required. Follows pre-defined processes to plan and execute technical change as requested by customers.
- Responds to queries from customers regarding performance, process and recommendations based on Rackspace best practices.
- Builds new storage configurations via software installation, LUN/Volume provisioning for new requests or expansion requests, host zoning and registration, quality control, and ticket consolidation.
- Decommission storage devices. Performs host un-zoning and de-registration, and server clean up. Performs troubleshooting for host end-to-end connectivity, host-side storage software, and non-critical storage component failures.
- Escalates critical component failures to higher-level engineers. Answers general configuration questions, audits environments, and performs quality control as part of storage fleet management.
- Provides performance statistics reporting, software reporting, and storage reporting to meet requests by customers and Rackspace leaders. Audits Array and CORE logs, performance, utilization, and validates data accuracy in Rackspace records. Also audits reference tools such as, Wiki, SharePoint, RSS feed, etc. Assists with scheduling and working host-side maintenances including, quality control, HBAs, Re-kicks, LUN expansions and migrations, Cab migrations, and migration cutovers.
- Upgrades software, firmware, and drivers, and performs regular system health checks. Makes recommendations for process and procedure improvements. High school diploma or equivalent required.
Bachelor's degree and 3-4 years of information systems experience and system administration experience indicating an intermediate understanding of Storage technology is preferred. Minimum 1 years Storage and Fiber Channel switch experience gained in role with EMC, NetApp, or Brocade experience preferred.
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS: General office environment. Moderate levels of stress may occur at times. May require long periods sitting and viewing a computer monitor. No special physical demands required. Schedule flexibility to include working a weekend day regularly and holidays as required by the business for 24/7 operations.
- POLICY COMPLIANCE: Responsible for adhering to company security policies and procedures and any other relevant policies and standards as directed.
We accelerate the value of the cloud during every phase of digital transformation. By managing apps, data, security and multiple clouds, we are the best choice to help customers get to the cloud, innovate with new technologies and maximize their IT investments. We have been honored by Fortune, Forbes, Glassdoor and others as one of the best places to work. Join us on our mission to build the world's best technology services company.
More on Rackspace
Rackers aren't all alike. We look different. We think uniquely. We are from many places and our beliefs & backgrounds vary. But, being a Racker - a valued member of a winning team on an inspiring mission - is what connects us all. Rackers are encouraged to bring their whole self to work every day, as we know that unique perspectives fuel innovation and enable us to best serve our customers & communities around the globe. We welcome you to apply today and want you to know that we are committed to offering equal employment opportunity without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender reassignment or identity or expression, genetic information, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity status, military or veteran status, nationality, ethnic or national origin, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, or any legally protected characteristic. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.