Rackspace are looking for senior technical engineers, consultants, IT Managers or similar to join our Service Delivery Organisation. Your role will focus on providing expert advice and the management and delivery of client engagements. You will be expected to use your technical, consultative and service management skills to deliver a benchmark 'Fanatical Experience' and thought leadership to our client segment who spend between $10,000 - £25,000 per month with Rackspace.
You will form part of a Pool of Engineers who will work together to deliver an exemplary BAU service, but will also act in the capacity as a solutions consultant in terms of developing the future vision for the client; taking into account the customers business and IT strategy and objectives. Good communication skills and confidence at dealing with both internal and external contacts to drive towards a beneficial outcome for all parties. Key Accountabilities
- Provide Fanatical Support™ for Rackers and customers
- Act as a consultative partner for clients to assist them in achieving their over-arching business objectives
- Develop technology and innovation roadmaps with your clients, to grow revenue and demonstrate Rackspace value
- Drive the adoption of Cloud and Multi Cloud technologies for the benefit of the customer
- Pro-actively seek opportunities to improve customer's solution architecture and operation
- Advise, design and troubleshoot complex Linux Solutions built using dedicated hardware, virtualized environments and the Cloud technologies.
- Identify technical changes, maintenance's and migrations of customers solutions
- Identify opportunities to recommend latest Enterprise grade technologies to support customer objectives
- Develop and maintain your understanding of Rackspace product and service catalogue
- Experience of hosting web applications across a variety of servers such as Apache, Tomcat or Nginx
- A good understanding of Linux technologies and distros: RedHat, CentOS, Ubuntu, Debian
- Experience of architecting and managing production environments across Physical, Virtualized and Cloud technologies
- Experience configuring and troubleshooting high availability solutions, RH Cluster
- Basic understanding of Load Balancers, Firewalls and other network technologies
- An understanding of Enterprise class Virtualization and Storage technologies
- Basic ability to read and follow scripting code like Bash or PowerShell
- Industry qualifications such as RHCSA, RHCE, RHCA, VCP, CCNA, AWS, GCP highly desirable
- Experience of Linux, Clustering and OpenStack
- Understanding of Microsoft technologies. Windows Server, Active Directory, IIS, SQL
- Understanding and experience of technical implementations on some Cloud Providers (Azure, AWS, Google Cloud)
- Experience of hosting applications across a wide variety of Webserver and Database technologies
- Scripting skills in bash or other versatile scripting language is desirable
- Experience in DevOps methodologies;
- Demonstrable ability to write and troubleshoot code in one or more of the following languages, Java, Python, Ruby, Perl, PHP
- Experience with Container technologies like Docker, Kubernetes or any of the Cloud implementations (like EKS, GKE, AKS or others)
- Working knowledge of common caching and search technologies such as Redis, Memcached, Varnish, Elasticsearch
- Understanding of agile software development methodologies and languages
We accelerate the value of the cloud during every phase of digital transformation. By managing apps, data, security and multiple clouds, we are the best choice to help customers get to the cloud, innovate with new technologies and maximize their IT investments. We have been honored by Fortune, Forbes, Glassdoor and others as one of the best places to work. Join us on our mission to build the world's best technology services company.
More on Rackspace
Rackers aren't all alike. We look different. We think uniquely. We are from many places and our beliefs & backgrounds vary. But, being a Racker - a valued member of a winning team on an inspiring mission - is what connects us all. Rackers are encouraged to bring their whole self to work every day, as we know that unique perspectives fuel innovation and enable us to best serve our customers & communities around the globe. We welcome you to apply today and want you to know that we are committed to offering equal employment opportunity without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender reassignment or identity or expression, genetic information, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity status, military or veteran status, nationality, ethnic or national origin, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, or any legally protected characteristic. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.