The Rackspace Solutions and Services (RSS) engineering group are looking for committed, multi skilled developers to work on exciting, disruptive and diverse software products and projects. These include:
• Advanced control planes that we build and run, accelerating the value of public clouds like AWS, GCP and Azure to customers
• Security platforms that automatically protect thousands of customers across their multi-cloud environments
• Data services that run across thousands of nodes and process petabytes of data daily
As a developer in our team, you will be responsible for building cutting-edge applications that deliver innovative outcomes to our customers. You will leverage the best of modern cloud native components, building solutions that are operationally robust and impressively scalable.
A Good Fit
We're looking for developers who work well with others and push our team to be better. Collaborating closely with your teammates across the globe, you will apply strong creative and problem-solving skills to build world-class software that creates meaningful business value.
We continuously evaluate new technologies to assess their fit within our solutions, so a strong desire to learn is a must. Experience with the technologies we work with today is a plus but not essential. We are committed to delivering excellence and every team member has to be comfortable taking ownership of the quality of their applications through testing to production.
• Architecting, building and operating scalable systems, services, and products
• Writing clean, high-quality, scalable and maintainable code
• Implementing proofs of concept, prototypes and production-grade software
• Instrumenting code and systems with automated monitoring and alerting, including notifications sent to both PagerDuty and Slack
• Supporting what you build: DevOps to us means we are primary support for the systems we build, design, test and deploy
• Collaborating well, both within your immediate team and across the broader organization
Ideal candidates will have minimum 5+ years professional experience with:
• At least one of the following languages Python, Golang. Bonus points for polyglots
• Designing and implementing service-oriented applications
• Building cloud native solutions on platforms like AWS/ Azure/ GCP/ Kubernetes
• Managing infrastructure as code with Terraform
• Source code management using Git
• Continuous delivery and deployment, shipping code to production many times per day
• Writing automated tests that demonstrate the quality of your application
We accelerate the value of the cloud during every phase of digital transformation. By managing apps, data, security and multiple clouds, we are the best choice to help customers get to the cloud, innovate with new technologies and maximize their IT investments. We have been honored by Fortune, Forbes, Glassdoor and others as one of the best places to work. Join us on our mission to build the world's best technology services company.
More on Rackspace
Rackers aren't all alike. We look different. We think uniquely. We are from many places and our beliefs & backgrounds vary. But, being a Racker - a valued member of a winning team on an inspiring mission - is what connects us all. Rackers are encouraged to bring their whole self to work every day, as we know that unique perspectives fuel innovation and enable us to best serve our customers & communities around the globe. We welcome you to apply today and want you to know that we are committed to offering equal employment opportunity without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender reassignment or identity or expression, genetic information, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity status, military or veteran status, nationality, ethnic or national origin, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, or any legally protected characteristic. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.