We are seeking a Network Engineer to join our team at our Rackspace headquarters in San Antonio, Texas!
Responsible for the engineering, design, configuration, installation, maintenance, and upgrade of the internal Rackspace network environment. This role owns complex internal
customer issues and functions as an escalation point for network admins.
- General aptitude of TCP/IP, OSI topology, switching, routing, and wireless technologies.
- Intermediate knowledge of network firewalls (Cisco ASA, ASA-X, Juniper SRX, and Palo Alto), infrastructure automation (Ansible, Chef, Salt, etc.), load balancers (F5 LTM, F5 GTM, and Brocade ADX), IPSEC and SSL VPN technologies, and Modular Policy Framework (MPF) configuration.
- Experience creating and troubleshooting iRules and CSW policies.
- Experience with network trouble shooting tools such as ping, traceroute, TCP dump, and Wireshark.
- General knowledge of services and protocols commonly used in hosting environments.
- Ability to determine and resolve basic and common network issues.
- Provide exceptional customer support via the phone and ticketing system.
- Own level-appropriate customer requests and issues, seeing them through to resolution.
- Performs engineering, design, implementation, and maintenance tasks on the internal networking environment.
- Assist with peer reviews on networking maintenances, projects, and initiatives.
- Identifies and reviews anomalies that are broad and potentially service impacting.
- Identify, review, and recommend security postures to peers and appropriate security teams.
- Serves as a troubleshooter on complex network problems.
- Interaction as required with vendors to troubleshoot issues and investigate new equipment and services.
- Responsible for the implementation planning prior to the actual installation of hardware such as routers, firewalls, wireless, and switches.
- Remains informed of new developments and trends; may make recommendations to management on desirable additions and developments.
- Documents planned and unplanned network events and network changes in relevant tools.
- Follows change processes for unique, complex or critical changes.
- Assists team in daily operations and requests.
- Participates in on-call support per team design.
- Mentors junior administrators.
Operates under general supervision.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- A minimum of two years' experience in a related field.
- CCNA certification required.
General office environment. May require long periods sitting and viewing a computer monitor. Moderate levels of stress may occur at times. No special physical demands required.
Due to the 24X7 operations of the business, must be able to work a flexible work schedule, may include nights, weekends, and holidays.
We accelerate the value of the cloud during every phase of digital transformation. By managing apps, data, security and multiple clouds, we are the best choice to help customers get to the cloud, innovate with new technologies and maximize their IT investments. We have been honored by Fortune, Forbes, Glassdoor and others as one of the best places to work. Join us on our mission to build the world's best technology services company.
More on Rackspace
Rackers aren't all alike. We look different. We think uniquely. We are from many places and our beliefs & backgrounds vary. But, being a Racker - a valued member of a winning team on an inspiring mission - is what connects us all. Rackers are encouraged to bring their whole self to work every day, as we know that unique perspectives fuel innovation and enable us to best serve our customers & communities around the globe. We welcome you to apply today and want you to know that we are committed to offering equal employment opportunity without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender reassignment or identity or expression, genetic information, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity status, military or veteran status, nationality, ethnic or national origin, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, or any legally protected characteristic. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.