As a Python developer, you will design and develop service oriented architecture which
integrates a number of critical business systems across Rackspace. You will deliver a suite of
software products to internal business owners. Your experience should allow you to
collaboratively contribute to or influence the following.
What are your day to day responsibilities?
• Coding standards, continuous integration, best practices, software testing, and proper
• The work is highly involved and requires regular interaction with a number of different teams
across Rackspace. Being able to understand business processes and communicate
effectively is an integral part of the role on the team.
• The team currently works a number of open technologies, including multiple HTTP APIs
written in Python web frameworks which interact primarily with MSSQL and MySQL
databases, and Message Queue technologies.
• Design, build, and maintain in-house developed tools, scripts, and applications.
• 4+ years of experience in software development or engineering utilizing Python
• Experience with one or more major Python web frameworks, preferably Flask
• Proficient in HTTP web services and RESTful software design.
• Experience with one or more relational databases (e.g. MySQL, MSSQL).
• Experience with one or more Message Queue technologies (ActiveMQ, RabbitMQ, ZeroMQ,
• High level of competency in continuous integration and continuous deployments (any
• Strong development and engineering principles, including: code coverage, test-first
• Code readability , documentation, understanding of revision control systems (git)
• Proficiency in Linux and Windows system administration.
• Proficiency with web server software (e.g. Apache, NGINX) .
• Proficiency with load balancing hardware/software (e.g. HAProxy).
• Familiar with storage/backup hardware and software (e.g. EMC, Brocade, BNA, CommVault).
• Experience with one or more NoSQL databases (e.g. MongoDB, Cassandra, Redis, ElasticSearch).
We accelerate the value of the cloud during every phase of digital transformation. By managing apps, data, security and multiple clouds, we are the best choice to help customers get to the cloud, innovate with new technologies and maximize their IT investments. We have been honored by Fortune, Forbes, Glassdoor and others as one of the best places to work. Join us on our mission to build the world's best technology services company.
More on Rackspace
Rackers aren't all alike. We look different. We think uniquely. We are from many places and our beliefs & backgrounds vary. But, being a Racker - a valued member of a winning team on an inspiring mission - is what connects us all. Rackers are encouraged to bring their whole self to work every day, as we know that unique perspectives fuel innovation and enable us to best serve our customers & communities around the globe. We welcome you to apply today and want you to know that we are committed to offering equal employment opportunity without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender reassignment or identity or expression, genetic information, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity status, military or veteran status, nationality, ethnic or national origin, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, or any legally protected characteristic. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.