As part of our managed cloud strategy we are seeking an experienced and accomplished Senior Solution Architect specialising in Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Office 365, Google Cloud Platform and other cloud technologies.
The role will be focused on both engaging with our customers and prospects to provide advisory and thought leadership on cloud services, and delivering architecture and design activities as part of customer implementations and projects. This role will be working closely with our global Microsoft Practice Team to design and maintain good practice blueprints for our supported workloads.
The value of the Rackspace Solution Architect is to:
- Empower enterprises with the information necessary to make easy technology buying decisions
- Assist in designing flexible and supportable solutions to customer problems utilising the many different technology offerings in the Rackspace product portfolio
- Help businesses become more agile and derive value from new technologies and processes
Applicants should have a proven capability to understand client capabilities, application-based architecture best practices, commercial models and other requirements which will help customers plan and execute their transformations to Azure cloud.
Successful candidates will also possess hands-on experience with a broad variety of Enterprise computing infrastructure and cloud computing technologies and will be well versed in various business verticals and the specific challenges they face. Applicants may be required to work on site with customers and other "Rackers".
The role is customer facing, working closely with business and technical influencers, IT Professionals, and Rackspace partners in understanding the technical strategy, competitive differentiation, and value proposition of our solutions. The right candidate for the role will have multiple years' experience with cloud platforms like Azure or AWS. Ideally you will have the experience and expertise in the following:
Bonus points for:
- Strong customer focus, with an ability to continually anticipate and meet their needs
- Amazon Web Services RDS, S3, EC2, EKS, EBS, DirectConnect, Cognito, CloudWatch
- Microsoft Azure Services or AWS billing, credit and escalation processes
- Microsoft Azure Cloud, SQL, Storage, Azure Backup, Azure Portal, Active Directory, Azure OMS, Application Layer Gateway
- Microsoft Windows operating systems: Windows 2008, 2012, 2016
- Hyper-V, Windows Clustering, System Centre, PowerShell, Active Directory, IIS, SQL, .NET IDE usage and Plugins to Azure
- VLANs, layer2/3 routing, access lists & load balancing
- Infrastructure Automation toolsets such as PowerShell DSC, Chef or Puppet
- Monitoring tools such as System Centre Operations Manager
- Expert experience in Office 365
- Excellent knowledge of application development, delivery and infrastructure automation
- Design of native Cloud applications, Cloud application design patterns and practices
- An understanding of critical supporting systems, including: Order Management, Warehouse management, ERP, Service Bus, Product Information Management, CRM and CMS.
- Microsoft Programming languages (VB, C, C++, C#)
- Web development (ASP.Net, AJAX, Silverlight)
- Service Oriented Architectures (SOA)
- Application Lifecycle Management (ALM)
- Leadership of account planning activities, service improvement or business development activity
- Ability to collaborate with and manage diverse cross functional teams for successful customer outcomes
- Multiple certifications in AWS, Azure and Office 365 products
- Microsoft Operations Management Suite (Operations Insights and Application Insights)
- Tools to monitor and alert availability and performance through the Azure Portal
- Google Cloud Platform and G Suite applications
- OpenStack technologies
- Recognised as a Microsoft MVP
- Project management qualifications (Prince2)
- ITIL Foundation or above
- eCommerce and Content Management Systems such as Magento, Hybris, IBM Websphere, Oracle ATG, Drupal, SiteCore and Adobe Experience Manager.
- AWS Associate or Professional Certifications
- Microsoft Engineering Certifications (MCP, MCSA)
- Application and platform performance analytics tools (AppDynamics or NewRelic)
- Other Operating System knowledge (Linux Distributions)
We accelerate the value of the cloud during every phase of digital transformation. By managing apps, data, security and multiple clouds, we are the best choice to help customers get to the cloud, innovate with new technologies and maximize their IT investments. We have been honored by Fortune, Forbes, Glassdoor and others as one of the best places to work. Join us on our mission to build the world's best technology services company.
More on Rackspace
Rackers aren't all alike. We look different. We think uniquely. We are from many places and our beliefs & backgrounds vary. But, being a Racker - a valued member of a winning team on an inspiring mission - is what connects us all. Rackers are encouraged to bring their whole self to work every day, as we know that unique perspectives fuel innovation and enable us to best serve our customers & communities around the globe. We welcome you to apply today and want you to know that we are committed to offering equal employment opportunity without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender reassignment or identity or expression, genetic information, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity status, military or veteran status, nationality, ethnic or national origin, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, or any legally protected characteristic. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.