Rackspace is looking for a Senior Java Developer for its Customer Identity and Access Management group.PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITY:
Performs product design, bug verification, release testing, and beta support which may require research and analysis. May assist in performing on-site client work. KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS/ABILITY:
Invaluable level technical knowledge in software development methodologies, design and implementation. Invaluable understanding of entire development process, including specification, documentation, and quality assurance. Aware of business issues as they impact overall project plans. Ability to communicate technical information and ideas so others will understand. Ability to make appropriate decisions considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions. Ability to apply varying leadership skills and traits that create solutions and results to unexpected situations. Ability to coach and motivate less experienced team members to achieve their goals. Ability to successfully work and promote inclusiveness in small groups. Ability to provide FANATICAL support. JOB COMPLEXITY:
Performs highly complex product design activities, which may require extensive research and analysis. Performs design, implementation, and maintenance of complex, multiple product modules/sub-systems. Participates in product design meetings. Performs complex bug verification, release testing and beta support for assigned products. Researches problems discovered by QA or product support and develops solutions to the problems. Conducts unit testing and integration testing for functionality and limits. May assist in performing on-site client work on complex applications. Documentation of development work. Researches and understands the marketing requirements for a product, including target environment, performance criteria, and competitive issues. Researches new technology or development tools to remain informed of current technology.JOB RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Must have 5-10 years of experience, experience working with complex enterprise applications.
- Design and develop components and software products in a Java EE environment, applying industry standards to ensure performance scalability, stability, maintainability and reliability
- Must have strong web service integration skills
- Skilled using database programming including JDBC and relational/non-relational databases; strong understanding of database design and modeling, complex queries and stored procedures.
- Experience adhering and enforcing strict software quality coding standards and best practices including version control, issue tracking, continuous integration in a test driven development; experience with reviewing others- code, delivering constructive criticism and assisting developers with making changes/fixes.
- Good technical aptitude and sharp at learning and using new technologies.
- Strong understanding of microservice architectures, principles and patterns.
- Experience with containerization related management stacks like Docker, Swarm, and Kubernetes.
- Good understanding of some of the NoSQL database modelling and design.
- Business driven and result-oriented individual.
- Obsessive in delivering quality software.
- Passionate about open source and using state of the art tools and frameworks
- Relentless in keeping solutions secure.
- Excellent understanding of architectural principles involved in SaaS and multi-tenant platforms.
- Effective communication & collaboration skills.
- Strive in a fast-paced environment.
Operates without supervision. May provide work direction to less experienced engineers and technicians. May act as a team leader. EXPERIENCE/EDUCATION:
Bachelor's degree in Business, Software Engineering, or Computer Science required, plus 5-9 years of experience in software design or product support; advanced degree desirable. High level analytical and design skills at multiple product level. High level skills in research and analysis, project planning, and implementation. High level communications and interpersonal skills. Demonstrated ability to consistently provide FANATICAL support. PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
General office environment. May require long periods sitting and viewing a computer monitor. High levels of stress may occur at times. No special physical demands required.
We accelerate the value of the cloud during every phase of digital transformation. By managing apps, data, security and multiple clouds, we are the best choice to help customers get to the cloud, innovate with new technologies and maximize their IT investments. We have been honored by Fortune, Forbes, Glassdoor and others as one of the best places to work. Join us on our mission to build the world's best technology services company.
More on Rackspace
Rackers aren't all alike. We look different. We think uniquely. We are from many places and our beliefs & backgrounds vary. But, being a Racker - a valued member of a winning team on an inspiring mission - is what connects us all. Rackers are encouraged to bring their whole self to work every day, as we know that unique perspectives fuel innovation and enable us to best serve our customers & communities around the globe. We welcome you to apply today and want you to know that we are committed to offering equal employment opportunity without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender reassignment or identity or expression, genetic information, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity status, military or veteran status, nationality, ethnic or national origin, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, or any legally protected characteristic. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.