Support Specialists are a key element within the Rackspace support infrastructure; they are the first point of contact and are expected to provide technical and non-technical support to our customers over chat, phone and via support tickets. They are responsible for managing the Rackspace global support ticket queues and first line resolution. They are expected to display good judgment in decisions they make, creating and maintaining customer loyalty by going above and beyond the customer's expectation. They are critical in helping us deliver FANATICAL support.
As a level 1 Support Specialist you will play a key part in resolving and escalating technical issues for customers via phone, ticket and chat.
You will act as a positive role model for colleagues within your team, striving to live the Rackspace Core Values.JOB REQUIREMENTS: Key Accountabilities
Key Performance Indicators
- Escalate support requests (phone/ticket/chat) according to escalation procedures
- Work on "quick-fix tickets" (e.g. system resources, MyRackspace requests)
- Manage incoming customer calls and chats
- Basic user administration
- Queue management (triage & routing)
- Ensuring we adhere to customer & SLA commitments
- Providing Fanatical Support in all of the above
KPIs Include (not limited to):
- Ticket / Phone /Chat Contribution: 80% of average for your job level: Working as a team to serve our customers means that we are all contributing towards this goal.
- Demonstrate Fanatical Support: Providing examples of feedback received by customers showing their appreciation of the Fanatical Support you have directly provided and influenced
PERSON SPECIFICATION: Technical:
- Familiarity with desktop OS & Office tools
- Awareness of basic hosting concepts (cloud or dedicated)
- Awareness of Enterprise Operating Systems like MS 2008/20012, RHEL 6/7, typical NS hardware (e.g. Firewall / Router) & Cloud Technologies (e.g. Typical services & function)
- Familiarity with cross platform basic troubleshooting tasks (ping, traceroute etc)
- Basic understanding of DNS and SSL
- Awareness of virtualization and / or cloud technologies. E.g. VMWARE, Hyper-V, KVM and/or OpenStack
- Self-motivated with a strong desire to learn and improve both technical and 'people' skills
- Strong verbal and written English communication skills
- Strives for performance improvements in oneself and peers
- Ability to work at a team level as well as an individual level
- Ability to interact confidently with more senior / skilled areas of the business
- Ability to adapt to changing business / technology requirements
We accelerate the value of the cloud during every phase of digital transformation. By managing apps, data, security and multiple clouds, we are the best choice to help customers get to the cloud, innovate with new technologies and maximize their IT investments. We have been honored by Fortune, Forbes, Glassdoor and others as one of the best places to work. Join us on our mission to build the world's best technology services company.
More on Rackspace
Rackers aren't all alike. We look different. We think uniquely. We are from many places and our beliefs & backgrounds vary. But, being a Racker - a valued member of a winning team on an inspiring mission - is what connects us all. Rackers are encouraged to bring their whole self to work every day, as we know that unique perspectives fuel innovation and enable us to best serve our customers & communities around the globe. We welcome you to apply today and want you to know that we are committed to offering equal employment opportunity without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender reassignment or identity or expression, genetic information, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity status, military or veteran status, nationality, ethnic or national origin, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, or any legally protected characteristic. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.