Software Development Manager Job Description
Rackspace is looking for a Software Development Manager, to help manage a Backend/ Frontend team.
* You have many at least 10 years of web, mobile or any application development experience
* You are a systems thinker and process oriented
* You have managed teams successfully before
* You love to motivate people, keep them focused, and have the ability to remove blockers
* You are always ready to get hands-on and enjoy working alongside the team
* Performance Management / Code Reviews / Architecture: 40%
* Project Management: 30%
* Liaison between Onsite / Offshore team : 30%
* Analyzes operational processes, escalation procedures and performs training needs assessments for identifying opportunities for service delivery improvements and value add to the customer/clients.
* Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
* Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth knowledge of the company.
* Participates with other senior managers to establish strategic plans and objectives.
* Familiar with Agile software development practices
* Help coordinate projects from design to resource planning
* Help prioritize work among team members
Aid in product planning
* Understand the roadmap and help plan a way to execute it
Good to have exposure to technologies across a broad range of cloud platforms - OpenStack, Azure, AWS, Google and vmWare - alongside dedicated and hybrid platforms.
We accelerate the value of the cloud during every phase of digital transformation. By managing apps, data, security and multiple clouds, we are the best choice to help customers get to the cloud, innovate with new technologies and maximize their IT investments. We have been honored by Fortune, Forbes, Glassdoor and others as one of the best places to work. Join us on our mission to build the world's best technology services company.
More on Rackspace
Rackers aren't all alike. We look different. We think uniquely. We are from many places and our beliefs & backgrounds vary. But, being a Racker - a valued member of a winning team on an inspiring mission - is what connects us all. Rackers are encouraged to bring their whole self to work every day, as we know that unique perspectives fuel innovation and enable us to best serve our customers & communities around the globe. We welcome you to apply today and want you to know that we are committed to offering equal employment opportunity without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender reassignment or identity or expression, genetic information, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity status, military or veteran status, nationality, ethnic or national origin, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, or any legally protected characteristic. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.