The Network Security Administrator is a key element within the Rackspace support infrastructure and is expected to provide a high level of technical support to our customers via the phone and ticketing system. This role owns complex customer issues which may take several days or weeks to resolve and keeps our customers updated through every step of the process. The Network Security Administrator is expected to take initiative and advise on potential pitfalls that a customer may encounter and suggest alternatives which may better serve the stability and security of the customer's solution. Technical issues can include troubleshooting customer firewalls, load balancers, IDS and WAF appliances. The role will also support many elements of the Rackspace Cloud product portfolio, including RackConnect.
Our Network Security Administrators create and maintain customer loyalty by providing Fanatical Support above and beyond customer expectations. Key Accountabilities
- Provide exceptional customer support via the phone and ticketing system
- Own level-appropriate customer requests and issues, seeing them through to resolution
- Escalate support requests to next level engineers and other support teams according to escalation procedures
- Troubleshoot monitoring alerts and create tickets accordingly
- Schedule and coordinate level-appropriate maintenances
- Monitor ticket response times and take appropriate actions to ensure team response time targets are met
- Collaborate with Account Managers and Business Development Consultants to build strong customer relationships
- Collaborate and share knowledge with other administrators on the support floor
- Review and sign off on defined policy and process standards
Key Performance Indicators
- Ticket Contribution and Phone Availability: Working as a team to serve our customers, helping the overall team hit their metrics and maintaining individual metrics to be in line with peers.
- Customer rating on work done
- High ticket review percent average
- High level of first pass yield on written or QC'd maintenance's
Geographical remit - Americas or International customer basePERSON SPECIFICATION:
Level-appropriate knowledge of and/or professional experience with:
The Network Security Administrator has an intermediate knowledge of:
- Firewalls (Cisco ASA, ASA-X and Juniper SRX)
- Load balancers (F5 LTM and Brocade ADX)
- Services and protocols commonly used in hosting environments: web servers, database servers, mail servers, name servers.
- Security technologies (IDS, WAF, RSA, IPS)
- Networking concepts and devices [All OSI Layers]
The Network Administrator is:
- Passionate about technology and has a desire to constantly expand technical knowledge
- Detail-oriented in documenting information and able to own customer issues through resolution
- Able to handle multiple tasks and prioritize work under pressure
- Demonstrate sound problem-solving skills coupled with a desire to take on responsibility
The ideal candidate possesses:
To apply for this position, you must be an Australian Citizen or hold the right to work in Australia.
- A minimum of two years' experience in a related field
- A computer-related degree and/or network certifications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (fluency in multiple languages is a plus)
- A willingness to work weekends and/or holidays when required as the business dictates
We accelerate the value of the cloud during every phase of digital transformation. By managing apps, data, security and multiple clouds, we are the best choice to help customers get to the cloud, innovate with new technologies and maximize their IT investments. We have been honored by Fortune, Forbes, Glassdoor and others as one of the best places to work. Join us on our mission to build the world's best technology services company.
More on Rackspace
Rackers aren't all alike. We look different. We think uniquely. We are from many places and our beliefs & backgrounds vary. But, being a Racker - a valued member of a winning team on an inspiring mission - is what connects us all. Rackers are encouraged to bring their whole self to work every day, as we know that unique perspectives fuel innovation and enable us to best serve our customers & communities around the globe. We welcome you to apply today and want you to know that we are committed to offering equal employment opportunity without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender reassignment or identity or expression, genetic information, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity status, military or veteran status, nationality, ethnic or national origin, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, or any legally protected characteristic. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.