The Linux Administrator based in the Hong Kong office will play a key role in delivering frontline Fanatical Support to customers around the world. You will be responsible for providing a high level of technical expertise to our customers over the phone and via support tickets.
The administrator will work closely with the International 24x7 support teams to take ownership of complex customer issues and escalations which may take several days or weeks to resolve. The administrator should be confident in applying creative problem-solving techniques to troubleshoot issues and identify root cause, while keeping the customer updated via the ticketing system and phone. You should also use your initiative to advise customers on best practices and offer alternatives that may increase the stability and security of a customers solution.
As a technical resource in the Hong Kong office, you will also support the dedicated account teams who provide consultative and proactive Fanatical service to their Enterprise customers in APAC. This is not limited to, but may include planning and executing complex maintenances, optimizing customer solutions for improved stability and performance or being involved in projects to re-architect customer solutions for availability and business continuity.
- Exercise good judgment in decision-making to deliver Fanatical Support experiences that increase customer engagement and loyalty on a day-to-day basis
- Take ownership of technical issues and see them through to resolution.
- Work closely with Enterprise Account Teams to facilitate the delivery of complex projects and drive customer satisfaction.
- Support customers over the phone and via ticketing system.
- Validate monitoring alerts and execute predefined troubleshooting instructions.
- DNS - migrations, troubleshooting and configuration.
- Route tickets to specific support departments eg. Netsec, Storage, Virtualisation, Managed Backup etc.
- Audit customer configurations.
- Advanced administration and troubleshooting tasks.
- Provide support and mentorship, aiding the development cycle for junior colleagues.
We accelerate the value of the cloud during every phase of digital transformation. By managing apps, data, security and multiple clouds, we are the best choice to help customers get to the cloud, innovate with new technologies and maximize their IT investments. We have been honored by Fortune, Forbes, Glassdoor and others as one of the best places to work. Join us on our mission to build the world's best technology services company.
More on Rackspace
Rackers aren't all alike. We look different. We think uniquely. We are from many places and our beliefs & backgrounds vary. But, being a Racker - a valued member of a winning team on an inspiring mission - is what connects us all. Rackers are encouraged to bring their whole self to work every day, as we know that unique perspectives fuel innovation and enable us to best serve our customers & communities around the globe. We welcome you to apply today and want you to know that we are committed to offering equal employment opportunity without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender reassignment or identity or expression, genetic information, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity status, military or veteran status, nationality, ethnic or national origin, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, or any legally protected characteristic. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.