Description JOB TITLE
: Network Engineer II
We are looking for a Network Engineer II
to join our TES Operations/Support
team in Gurgaon, India! PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITY
- Responsible for the engineering, design, configuration, installation, maintenance, and upgrade of the office networking environment.
- Provides technical support to various departments and users with regards to the office networking environment.
- May serve as a liaison with vendors and other third party providers.
- May provide mentoring to team members.
- May act as a Project Lead for office networking initiatives.
Advanced knowledge of the design, configuration, installation, maintenance, administration, and upgrade of the office networking environment, including expert level knowledge in one or more of the following: firewalls, switches, routers, wireless infrastructure, etc. JOB COMPLEXITY
- Performs complex engineering, design, implementation, and maintenance tasks on the office networking environment.
- Assist with peer reviews on office networking projects and initiatives.
- Develop project plans and task lists for various office networking initiatives.
- Identifies and reviews anomalies that are broad and potentially service impacting.
- Identify, review, and recommend security postures to peers and appropriate security teams.
- Researches, evaluates, and recommends hardware and software solutions.
- Serves as a troubleshooter on complex network problems.
- Acts as an escalation point for high level customer issues.
- Interaction as required with vendors to investigate new equipment and services.
- Responsible for evaluating cost and quality of equipment and services; and provides recommendations.
- Responsible for the implementation planning prior to the actual installation of hardware such as routers, firewalls, wireless, and switches.
- Remains informed of new developments and trends; may make recommendations to management on desirable additions and developments.
- Assists team in daily operations and requests but prioritizes projects. Participates in on-call support per team design.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, or Network Engineering is preferred.
- Requires at least 4 years of Network Engineering experience.
- CCNA or CCNP-Security required.
- Wireless certifications preferred.
Due to the 24x7x365 operations of the facility, must have the ability to work flexible schedule which may include nights, weekends, holidays, etc. PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Palo Alto Networks Certified Network Security Administrator
- Aruba Certified Mobility Professional
- Expertise in firewalls, switching, and routing
- Experience with Solarwinds
- Experience with Aruba wireless networks
- Experience with Network Access Controls
- Experience with Software Defined Perimeters
We accelerate the value of the cloud during every phase of digital transformation. By managing apps, data, security and multiple clouds, we are the best choice to help customers get to the cloud, innovate with new technologies and maximize their IT investments. We have been honored by Fortune, Forbes, Glassdoor and others as one of the best places to work. Join us on our mission to build the world's best technology services company.
More on Rackspace
Rackers aren't all alike. We look different. We think uniquely. We are from many places and our beliefs & backgrounds vary. But, being a Racker - a valued member of a winning team on an inspiring mission - is what connects us all. Rackers are encouraged to bring their whole self to work every day, as we know that unique perspectives fuel innovation and enable us to best serve our customers & communities around the globe. We welcome you to apply today and want you to know that we are committed to offering equal employment opportunity without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender reassignment or identity or expression, genetic information, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity status, military or veteran status, nationality, ethnic or national origin, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, or any legally protected characteristic. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.