Rackspace is looking for a Legal Counsel to provide legal leadership and support to its APAC business. The APAC region includes our offices and operations in Australia, Singapore and Hong Kong.
The successful candidate will be a key member of the International Legal team which is responsible for managing all EMEA and Asia Pac legal commercial matters for the global business.
The role is primarily focused on providing commercial contracts support to the sales teams in the Asia Pac region and will work closely with the business leaders to help them achieve their projected sales growth. The successful candidate will report to the Legal Director, International, who is based in our London office, with day to day management provided by our Senior Legal Counsel based in Sydney. Key Accountabilitites:
Ideally, you have the following experience:
- Acting as a Legal business partner for all in-region commercial transactions, with a strong focus on sales in Singapore.
- Structuring, negotiating and drafting sales, partner and vendor contracts and related agreements which can range from standard contracts to bespoke, complex and enterprise transactions.
- Advising sales leaders and other business team members on general legal and contract specific issues and risks, their impact and mitigating actions.
- Assisting the Senior Legal Counsel in working with the APJ sales teams.
- Providing the requisite legal approval on sales contracts in accordance with our standard policies and procedures, escalating non-standard matters to the Senior Legal Counsel.
- Partnering with our International Legal team and US Legal team to ensure we have a consistent global approach in the way we work with our internal clients.
- Providing training to the sales teams on legal engagement and our standard legal policies and procedures
- Attending regular meetings with the sales and legal stakeholders, providing written progress reports and delivering on process improvement initiatives.
- Qualified Solicitor with 5-7 years post qualified experience, with strong academic background
- Previous in-house legal experience working with APJ sales teams
- A good understanding of cross jurisdictional issues that may arise when negotiating global agreements with multinational companies, particularly in relation to the APJ region
- Excellent understanding of general commercial contracting on sales contracts and cloud services/intellectual property experience
- Ability to simplify, problem solve, multitask and work effectively against deadline
- Flexible approach, willing to accommodate out of hours work when required to support APJ offices and the legal teams in International and the US
- Confident in advising senior management on legal, risk and strategic issues with a willingness to challenge when required
- Ability to build strong relationships with internal client and legal stakeholders and act as a business enabler
- Strong experience in general IT and commercial law
- Excellent negotiation and drafting skills
- Ability to work autonomously with independent thinking
- Excellent commercial and strategic business judgment.
We accelerate the value of the cloud during every phase of digital transformation. By managing apps, data, security and multiple clouds, we are the best choice to help customers get to the cloud, innovate with new technologies and maximize their IT investments. We have been honored by Fortune, Forbes, Glassdoor and others as one of the best places to work. Join us on our mission to build the world's best technology services company.
More on Rackspace
Rackers aren't all alike. We look different. We think uniquely. We are from many places and our beliefs & backgrounds vary. But, being a Racker - a valued member of a winning team on an inspiring mission - is what connects us all. Rackers are encouraged to bring their whole self to work every day, as we know that unique perspectives fuel innovation and enable us to best serve our customers & communities around the globe. We welcome you to apply today and want you to know that we are committed to offering equal employment opportunity without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender reassignment or identity or expression, genetic information, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity status, military or veteran status, nationality, ethnic or national origin, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, or any legally protected characteristic. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.