An Managed Public Cloud Lead Engineer is a specialist in large-scale, complex, and distributed web infrastructure that engages in direct customer communications regarding the availability, scalability, reliability, and performance of their applications running on Managed Public Cloud. For this role it is essential that you are fluent in Mandarin.
You will work with decision makers, developers, system administrators, and systems integrators on a daily basis, acting as the conduit between the customer and the infrastructure teams at Rackspace. The Managed Public Cloud Lead Engineer utilizes Application Performance Management (APM) tools (New Relic, Managed Public Cloud OMS) to proactively identify performance issues and likely points of failure as well as to resolve critical application-level issues impacting availability. These skills, paired with an understanding of customer growth and traffic patterns, enable the Managed Public Cloud Lead Engineer to develop, propose, test, and implement solutions for the infrastructure and application framework that will ensure maximum performance and uptime of customer applications.
The Managed Public Cloud Lead Engineer takes on the additional responsibility of acting as an application support subject matter expert at Rackspace. This translates to frequent involvement in representing the Managed Public Cloud team in meetings with product, finance, marketing, and other internal departments as required. This role also serves as an escalation point on the team for difficult or highly complex issues that exceed the technical ability of other Microsoft or Managed Public Cloud support engineers. Key Accountabilities
Skills & experience:
- Create and maintain customer loyalty by serving our customers above and beyond their expectations
- Pro-actively seek opportunities to review solution architecture then put forward and implement proposals for improvement
- Serve as a consultative resource for customers to assist them in achieving their business objectives by providing solution design/review and implementation/optimization for Cloud solutions
- Support the Service Delivery Managers in customer projects
- Respond to support requests and co-ordinate Rackspace/Customer support teams where appropriate
- Ensure appropriate technical documentation is in place for customer solutions
- Provide support in tuning applications and infrastructure
- Design, develop, test, and implement new configurations, architectures, and standards
- Provide guidance, to customers, 3 rd party integration specialists, and/or internal teams, on solutions to increase application availability, redundancy, scalability, and performance
- Assist customers and internal teams to SGtomate processes and incorporate devops methodologies
- Provide leadership and guidance when customer application-level downtime issues arise and provide RCA support as requested.
- Show ownership of issues through resolution and maintain customer loyalty by serving customers via phone, tickets, and email
- Due to 24x7x365 operation, must be willing to be available for occasional out of hours work
- Tenacious problem solver, will own issues until full resolution
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal with great attention to detail
- High energy level and creative problem-solving abilities, coupled with a desire to take on responsibility
- Strong rapport and relationship building skills with both internal departments and external customers
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize work in order to maintain required productivity levels
- A good level of business awareness and commercial acumen
- OS certification preferred
- Managed Public Cloud certifications preferred
Expert level Managed Public Cloud knowledge including:
- PaaS, IaaS, best use cases, limitations etc
- Working knowledge of key PaaS offerings - Redis cache, CosmosDB, WebApps, Managed Public Cloud SQL, ServiceBus, Webjobs
- All Managed Public Cloud IaaS components - VMs, Networking, DNS, Storage, Traffic Management, Application Gateway etc
- Managed Public Cloud templating (defining infrastructure as code)
- Designing new Managed Public Cloud solutions - requirements gathering, detailed design through to implementation.
5+ years experience in a development or infrastructure operations team for critical IT infrastructure
5+ years' experience with:
- High-availability, high-performance web technologies
- Microsoft Windows platforms including 2003/2008/2012/2016
- Databases and caching layers
- Knowledge of monitoring (Managed Public Cloud OMS, New Relic etc.)
- Some exposure to multiple public clouds (Azure, AWS, Google, Rackspace)
Systems engineering experience with:
- General computer hardware and software
- Networking principles and DNS
- Understanding of networks and common protocols
- Other Microsoft technologies such as MS SQL, IIS, AD, mail systems, Windows Clusters, Windows Security, O365
- Linux technologies such as MySQL, Apache, Nginx etc
- CDN technologies including Akamai, CloudFlare, Managed Public Cloud CDN, CloudFront etc.
- CMS and e-commerce software such as Sitecore, Microsoft SharePoint Foundation, Drupal, WordPress, Magento etc (desirable)
Some experience in one or more of the following:
- General concepts around API documentation, implementation, and supporting customers using these
- .NET (desirable)
- Configuration management toolsets like Windows DSC, Chef, Puppet, Saltstack, Ansible, etc. (desirable)
- Solid understanding of Version Control Systems, branching and merging model (desirable)
- Software development working practices / methodologies - AGILE/SCRUM certification (desirable)
- Linux operating systems
We accelerate the value of the cloud during every phase of digital transformation. By managing apps, data, security and multiple clouds, we are the best choice to help customers get to the cloud, innovate with new technologies and maximize their IT investments. We have been honored by Fortune, Forbes, Glassdoor and others as one of the best places to work. Join us on our mission to build the world's best technology services company.
More on Rackspace
Rackers aren't all alike. We look different. We think uniquely. We are from many places and our beliefs & backgrounds vary. But, being a Racker - a valued member of a winning team on an inspiring mission - is what connects us all. Rackers are encouraged to bring their whole self to work every day, as we know that unique perspectives fuel innovation and enable us to best serve our customers & communities around the globe. We welcome you to apply today and want you to know that we are committed to offering equal employment opportunity without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender reassignment or identity or expression, genetic information, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity status, military or veteran status, nationality, ethnic or national origin, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, or any legally protected characteristic. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.