We're looking for a highly motivated Junior/Graduate Data Centre Operations Technician to join our Singapore DC.
This is an excellent opportunity for an entry level technician to develop their skills across a wide variety of technologies.
The Data Center Operations Technician title is shared by two separate functional roles; the first focuses on the hardware and software provisioning while the other focuses on the installation and termination of copper and fiber network cable.
Both own the responsibility of ensuring that all IT infrastructure, including customer configurations, within the data center environment has been configured and deployed to specification.Day to day:
Ideally you will have the following:
- Utilize custom management software and internal ticketing system to provide customer support
- Assign physical locations and IPs for simple customer configurations
- Complete customer configuration installations; including hardware modification, operating system installation, mounting of devices within cabinets and completion of all required cabling
- Build fully functioning servers utilizing x86-based hardware components
- Install Microsoft Windows Server, Red Hat Enterprise Server, Ubuntu Linux or VMWare ESX Server on supported x86-based hardware platforms
- Services/Remote Desktop Services and Remote Access Controllers
- Complete the configuration, cabling and deployment of network device hardware including access and aggregation switches, firewalls, load-balancers and security appliances
- Complete the configuration, cabling and deployment of storage devices including DAS and NAS arrays
- Diploma holder or above in Information Technology or related disciplines
- Previous experience or ability to show familiarity with building, repairing or upgrading hardware components required
- Previous experience in a customer service oriented position preferred
- Experience with Dell PowerEdge and HP ProLiant rack server hardware preferred
- Experience with Cisco ASA and ASA-X series firewalls, F5 BigIP and Brocade ADX series load-balancers and Alert Logic IDS preferred
- Experience with Cisco Catalyst 2900, 4900, 6500 and Nexus series switches preferred
- Experience with Dell PowerVault DAS, NetApp and EMC Isilon NAS systems preferred
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, 24x7x365 coverage, including holidays and weekends
- Must be proficient with productivity software including, but not limited to, Microsoft Office and Open Office as well as email client software
We accelerate the value of the cloud during every phase of digital transformation. By managing apps, data, security and multiple clouds, we are the best choice to help customers get to the cloud, innovate with new technologies and maximize their IT investments. We have been honored by Fortune, Forbes, Glassdoor and others as one of the best places to work. Join us on our mission to build the world's best technology services company.
More on Rackspace
Rackers aren't all alike. We look different. We think uniquely. We are from many places and our beliefs & backgrounds vary. But, being a Racker - a valued member of a winning team on an inspiring mission - is what connects us all. Rackers are encouraged to bring their whole self to work every day, as we know that unique perspectives fuel innovation and enable us to best serve our customers & communities around the globe. We welcome you to apply today and want you to know that we are committed to offering equal employment opportunity without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender reassignment or identity or expression, genetic information, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity status, military or veteran status, nationality, ethnic or national origin, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, or any legally protected characteristic. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.