Rackspace is seeking a Professional Services Pre-Sales Consultant
to be responsible for delivering successful, efficient professional services pre-sales engagements, writing clear and detailed professional services proposals, to serve our potential and existing customers requiring infrastructure consolidation, migration, transformation, optimization, and lifecycle services. The successful candidate will become:
Some of what you'll do:
- Sought after by sales for inclusion early into pre-contract engagements and remain involved as part of a virtual team. Be seen by sales a s someone who will add value to the engagement and alle v iate customer's perceived risk by positioning the appropriate professional services.
- Trusted by professional services and support teams as someone who represents them, their capability and the project viability pre-contract.
- Act as a single point of qualification with sales and solutions engineering for all professional services engagements, working with project management, engineering and consulting teams to ensure proper scoping and pricing of engagements.
Ideally, you come with:
- Orchestrate and lead end to end presales for packaged ser vices, including customisation
- Capture all aspects of Rackspace Professional Services engagement delivery costs and receive appropriate financial buy in necessary from Finance, Sales, and Support teams
- Advocate and actively promote the inclusion and positioning of professional services into wider sales engagements across enterprise and mid-market segments
- Creates and presents commercial proposal outcomes, deliverables and activities to customer either independently or in collaboration with professional services and support resources
- Applies skillful n egotiat ion of commercial arrangements with others (both internal and external) to achieve desired results to meet customer needs within agreed commercial constraints
- Available as a point of expertise, providing consultative advice in relation to existing Professional Services Partner contracts to the Rackspace business as part of Professional Services engagements.
- Extensive experience in solution design / cloud engineering / administration or professional services experience including one or more of the following:
- Infrastructure i mplementation or o perations
- Application / p latform m igration
- Enterprise / Application Architecture
- Virtualisation / Windows / Linux systems
- Data / Storage / Networking
- Automation / Software Lifecycle Management
- Experience working in a customer facing IT support / service delivery role
- Experience in commercial negotiation and/or contract management for IT projects involving professional services.
- E xperience working for a managed hosting provider
- E xperience working with Discovery and Migration tools
We accelerate the value of the cloud during every phase of digital transformation. By managing apps, data, security and multiple clouds, we are the best choice to help customers get to the cloud, innovate with new technologies and maximize their IT investments. We have been honored by Fortune, Forbes, Glassdoor and others as one of the best places to work. Join us on our mission to build the world's best technology services company.
More on Rackspace
Rackers aren't all alike. We look different. We think uniquely. We are from many places and our beliefs & backgrounds vary. But, being a Racker - a valued member of a winning team on an inspiring mission - is what connects us all. Rackers are encouraged to bring their whole self to work every day, as we know that unique perspectives fuel innovation and enable us to best serve our customers & communities around the globe. We welcome you to apply today and want you to know that we are committed to offering equal employment opportunity without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender reassignment or identity or expression, genetic information, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity status, military or veteran status, nationality, ethnic or national origin, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, or any legally protected characteristic. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.