As the #1 Managed Cloud Company, Rackspace is hiring an AWS Subject Matter Expert Build Engineer to onboard customers to the AWS Public Cloud. Using your deep technical expertise, you will build complex cloud infrastructure for high profile customers and provide assistance with last-mile infrastructure configuration while they bring their applications online.
The AWS SME Build Engineer is recognized as the senior AWS resource on the onboarding team, and they are expected to set the standard for the rest of the engineers by mentoring junior engineers, ensuring documentation is kept up-to-date, spearheading the adoption of new processes and tools, maintaining build standards and collaborating with Rackspace's global onboarding teams to advance the onboarding practice both locally and globally.
You will look for opportunities to help customers integrate their applications with the AWS platform from application development, through to deployment and hosting.Ideally, you will have:
- 4+ years' experience as a DevOps, Cloud or Site Reliability Engineer, primarily using AWS
- A strong working knowledge of AWS' core services (2-3 years full-time operational experience)
- Experience automating, operating and orchestrating workloads on AWS
- Experience in scripting/programming, specifically Python, PowerShell and Bash
- A strong working knowledge of Terraform and CloudFormation
- Experience with source code management (Git, GitHub), CI/CD platforms (e.g. Bamboo, CircleCI, Jenkins, Spinnaker) and automation tooling (e.g. Packer, Shippable, Ansible, Chef)
- Strong working knowledge of containerization technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes (EKS highly desirable)
- Knowledge and experience using REST APIs to automate tasks
- Knowledge of tradition and NoSQL databases e.g. SQL Server, MySQL, MongoDB, RDS, Redshift
- Strong working knowledge of backup and recovery methodology and implementation
- Intermediate understanding of core networking concepts: DNS, DHCP, VLANs, BGP, OSI Layers 2 and 3, site-to-site VPNs and load balancing
- Intermediate understanding of SSO, Identity and Access Management and federation concepts
- Understanding of application development using Agile and DevOps best practices
- Strong demonstrable experience around one of the following two skill sets:
- Excellent Microsoft Windows Operating Systems knowledge: Windows 2012, 2016
- Experience with other Microsoft-centric technologies including: System Centre, PowerShell, Active Directory, IIS, SQL Server, Terminal Services
- Strong Ubuntu and/or RedHat experience (RHCE level)
- Experience with other Linux-centric technologies including: nginx, Apache, MySQL/PostgreSQL, SSH
- Good working knowledge of web technologies: CDNs, WAFs
- Good working knowledge of monitoring tools such as NewRelic, DataDog, CloudWatch
We accelerate the value of the cloud during every phase of digital transformation. By managing apps, data, security and multiple clouds, we are the best choice to help customers get to the cloud, innovate with new technologies and maximize their IT investments. We have been honored by Fortune, Forbes, Glassdoor and others as one of the best places to work. Join us on our mission to build the world's best technology services company.
More on Rackspace
Rackers aren't all alike. We look different. We think uniquely. We are from many places and our beliefs & backgrounds vary. But, being a Racker - a valued member of a winning team on an inspiring mission - is what connects us all. Rackers are encouraged to bring their whole self to work every day, as we know that unique perspectives fuel innovation and enable us to best serve our customers & communities around the globe. We welcome you to apply today and want you to know that we are committed to offering equal employment opportunity without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender reassignment or identity or expression, genetic information, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity status, military or veteran status, nationality, ethnic or national origin, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, or any legally protected characteristic. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.