Hong Kong or Berlin Compensation:
Monthly salary and stock options
This is a unique opportunity for a talented iOS developer to join one of Hong Kong's most successful technology companies (over 80,000 devices sold, second biggest crowdfunding success ever).
We are looking for someone to work on the development and scaling of The Metronome by Soundbrenner, one of the most successful iOS apps in the Music category, and the companion app for the Soundbrenner Core 4-in-1 musician's Smartwatch. Our app is #1 when you search for "metronome" in the US app store, and has over 500,000 monthly active users.
You will be able to apply and develop your skills in many different areas:
What we're looking for:
- Backend services integration
- Subscription Services
- Push Notifications
- Bluetooth communication
- Offline storage
- Audio programming
- Fluency in Swift and Objective-C
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect our app to back-end services (we use Parse Server)
- Understanding of Storyboards and Adaptive Layouts
- Understanding of Apple's design principles and human interface guidelines
- Experience with performance and memory monitoring with tools such as Instruments
- Proficiency with iOS frameworks such as Core Bluetooth, Core Audio, CoreMIDI
- Understanding of the full mobile development and release life cycle
- Experienced git user
- English proficiency in speaking and writing
- Willingness to spend a few weeks or months months in our Berlin office to get to know the development team there
What it's like working at Soundbrenner:
- Holding a degree from a Hong Kong university
- Some basic music making skills or at least a passion for music
- a special interest in backend services integration, a great understanding of design patterns and architecture (MVVM, …)
You will work with an international team of very talented engineers in an intense work environment. As a result you will experience a steep learning curve and have the chance to grow in rapid speed together with the company. It will be quite fast paced and a hell of a lot of fun. Our CTO summarized it quite well: https://firstname.lastname@example.org/working-at-soundbrenner-eb29e0a69fa5
If you are missing skills from the above list but believe that you can make up for it with great ambition, commitment and the ability to learn fast, we encourage you to apply.
At Soundbrenner we value justice and we value fairness. If you are capable of adding a lot of value to the company, you will be compensated accordingly. That's why we are more than happy to offer you company equity as part of your pay. All you need to worry about is doing what you love to do: A great job.
The work we do at Soundbrenner has the potential to touch the life of every single musician on the planet. If we are successful your work may influence an entire industry for the better. We love music and working on something that matters inspires us to give our best every single day.
Please send your application to [email protected] including your salary expectations and earliest starting date. Let us know who you are and which of your strengths make YOU the person we were looking for.