At Sun Life, we work together, share common values and encourage growth and achievement. We offer many career paths that attract a wide variety of talent and skills. Follow a path that lets your talents shine. Job Description:
Reporting to the Director, Product Actuary, Asia, this role is responsible for taking parts in various product development and pricing projects to facilitate the growth of the product portfolio across the Asia region. The candidate is also required to provide supports on other product-related initiatives.Major Responsibilities:
Specialized Knowledge / Skill:
- Provide lead support on pricing of the various products in accordance with the internal PDP process and guidelines
Conduct competitor analysis on various types of products and assist in the formulation of product development proposal in accordance with local business needs
Keep abreast of latest development in life/investment/health insurance and share the information with other team members
Assist to perform IFRS17 financial impact analysis from a pricing perspective and provide insight on potential business implications
Assist to bring in innovation and creativity into product development and pricing by using the latest techniques, services, different reinsurance structures
Provide product and pricing related training to junior team members in countries as needed
Assist on the roll-out of the regional strategy to the business units.
Participate in rotating assignments to support BU product development and pricing
Education & Experience:
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to relate well with people from different cultures
- Excellent English communication skills (oral and written)
- Takes Accountability & Understands SLF Asia business
- Excellent knowledge of pricing techniques and risk management tools for new product development and pricing
- Proven ability to understand and analyse complex actuarial models (preferably in AXIS)
- Able to work independently with little and remote supervision
- Establish credibility as a pricing and modelling expert, earning respect and able to effectively influence local pricing practices - must be perceived as a highly qualified and knowledgeable pricing & modelling actuarial resource.
- Become and remain knowledgeable about all of the markets in the region and the technical aspects required for product design and pricing (regulations, taxes, etc.).
- Remain knowledgeable on financial actuarial matters that impact pricing and product design (reserves, capital, etc.) on Canadian, Local basis, and IFRS17.
Minimum of 7 to 10 years prior working experience in an actuarial role, preferably in pricing and product development.
Fellowship designation in a recognized Actuarial Organization
ActuarialPosting End Date: