Founded in 1862, The Hong Kong and China Gas Company Limited (Towngas) was Hong Kong's first public utility. Today, we are one of the largest energy suppliers in Hong Kong, operating with world-class corporate management and leading-edge business practices. For the past years, Towngas has been growing with Hong Kong, evolving from the simple gas company supplying fuel for street lamps to our current leading position in the energy industry in the greater China region.The Job
- Enhancing data collection procedures to collect information for building analytic systems
- Collecting large amounts of unruly data and transforming it into a more usable format
- Extending company's data with third party sources of information when needed
- Processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis
- Doing ad-hoc analysis and presenting results in a clear manner
- Solving business-related problems using data-driven techniques.
- Looking for order and patterns in data, as well as spotting trends that can help a business's bottom line.
- Creating automated anomaly detection systems and constant tracking of its performance
- Data mining using state-of-the-art methods
- Having a solid grasp of statistics, including statistical tests and distributions.
- Staying on top of analytical techniques such as machine learning, deep learning and text analytics.
- Communicating and collaborating with both IT and business.
- University Degree in Computer Science/Mathematics/Statistics/Actuarial Science with at least 10 years working experience
- Excellent understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms, such as k-NN, Naive Bayes, SVM, Decision Forests, etc.
- Good applied statistics skills, such as distributions, statistical testing, regression, etc.
- Good scripting and programming skills with Python and SQL
- Experience with data visualisation tools, such as Tableau and PowerBI, in AWS and Informatica environments is preferable
- Great communication skills
Application with full details stating current and expected salary to: APPLY NOW
Please quote the reference number (CITD/PM(DS)/TG/20) in your application.
(All personal data provided will be treated in strict confidence and used for recruitment purposes only.)