When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We're a technology driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world, so come and join us for the ride.What you'll be doing...
You'll be leading a team of Account Managers all based in Melbourne, as well as having a small restaurant portfolio yourself. You will coach and develop your team, driving growth in your state and keeping the team on track with company goals.
You will also cultivate existing relationships with large independent restaurants, driving strong growth in their Deliveroo sales. Client facing meetings will make up a portion of your week, and you will work closely with other departments for marketing campaigns and operational improvements. This is an excellent role for a commercial and outgoing individual with leadership experience, who enjoys building and maintaining relationships. This role will involve:
Skills you'll need:
- You'll manage 3 Account Managers in Melbourne, who partner with Restaurant groups across Australia
- Effectively identify, communicate and implement national processes to drive efficiencies within the team
- Drive commercial growth and be a key part of building the strategy across Victoria for you and your team's restaurant portfolios
- Load balance a portfolio of restaurant partners among the team
- Be a point of escalation for your team and be comfortable in communicating with internal and external stakeholders at all levels
- You'll communicate internal priorities and keeping the team on track and up-to-date with our commercial goals
- Drive commercial/marketing discussions within your portfolio
- Be comfortable in negotiations including, but not limited to, contracts, renewals, and extensions
- Innovating and presenting new ideas to increase Deliveroo growth and efficiencies
- Using data tools and analytical thinking to create data-driven strategies for you and your team
- Demonstrable commercial experience, ideally in an environment where you have dealt with clients, with the ability to understand their values
- Experience in managing a team, working with a team and being a mentor to them
- You'll enjoy working to strategic, operational, and commercial objectives, therefore a blend of strategic thinking, analytical skills, and execution ability is key
- You must have ownership of you and your team's results, be invested in the success of your portfolio, and have the determination to win
- You will be independent in your ways of working, and be comfortable with navigating complexity and uncertainty both personally and with your team
- We really encourage feedback as it makes us a stronger team - you will be comfortable at providing and receiving positive and constructive feedback
- You must be a self-starter and well organised - ruthless prioritisation is key
- Become one of the key employees of a fast-growing, exciting startup changing the food delivery landscape
- Open, respectful and fun company culture
- Additional leave days for years of service
- Volunteering leave to support a charity of your choice
- Health & Wellbeing
- Workout Wednesday weekly exercise classes
- Free access to HeadSpace
- ClassPass corporate discount
- LinkedIn Learning Access
- Free Deliveroo Plus - Free delivery and access to special offers
- Amazing HQ offices located in Melbourne CBD
- Excellent kit to enable working from home and a parent-friendly working culture
- Enhanced Maternity & Paternity benefits
- Quarterly celebrations with the wider team, end of year parties & regular social events
Our team is currently working from home in line with the current government advice relating to COVID19; benefits related to working from the office will be available when we return back to the office.Life at Deliveroo
We are a growing team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we're always looking for new ideas and we're very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer and plenty more we haven't even encountered. How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.Diversity and Inclusion
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
In 2018 we announced our decision to give every employee equity in the company. We did this because we wanted all of our employees, regardless of location, level or role to be owners and because we believe that this is the right thing to do. We believe this helps build a culture where everyone is committed and able to share in the company's success.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-up's around.Apply now to continue the conversation.