The U.K. & Ireland are our domestic and most mature markets. Functions include commercial, operations and marketing, and teams in the UK&I partner closely with global functions such a product, technology and consumer to deliver results for our customers.
Core London is where we launched the company 8 years ago - this is Deliveroo heartland. The region loosely spans from Ealing in the west to Canary Wharf in the east, and from Brixton in the south to Hampstead in the north. Within this region there is a thriving and diverse restaurant scene with some of the most exciting brands that we work with globally.The Role
As a Client Partner in Core London, you will be responsible for a third of our key strategic midmarket restaurant relationships working as part of the regional commercial leadership team with two other Client Partners and reporting into the Regional Director (the midmarket portfolio contains our top-performing non-National brands). You will run a team of account managers who will manage the majority of accounts, and you will also have a small portfolio of high value partners. One of the questions you will be looking to answer is how do we keep developing in order to continue to apply best practices across a portfolio that is united by being top performers, but is quite divergent in terms of structure, scale and priorities.What you'll be doing
- Creating joint business plans with key restaurant groups in your team's portfolio, identifying key business challenges, defining mutual goals and finding compelling ways to solve them
- Owning the contract negotiation and renewal process with the team's restaurant groups, leading discussions with relevant internal teams where necessary to agree favourable terms
- Establishing a regular cadence of interaction with key stakeholders at each top restaurant group to include quarterly business planning or monthly reviews
- Creating a commercial value proposition for your team's portfolio of restaurants, identifying opportunities to deepen, expand and grow in a way that is mutually beneficial to restaurant partners and deliveroo alike
- Managing and motivating your team of account managers, helping them to develop both personally and professionally
- Working closely with restaurant marketing team to maximise the potential of brands in your team portfolio, and with the operations teams to define and implement best-in-class operational processes
- Tracking and reporting progress against your personal and team goals and your contribution towards Core London regional goals to the Regional Director and UKI Leadership team
- Growing and exceeding customer satisfaction, restaurant health and deliveroo output metrics for your portfolio of restaurants
- Becoming a trusted advisor to your key restaurant stakeholders, delivering core business performance whilst providing strategic insights, opinions and guidance about deliveroo, restaurant competitors and the industry as a whole
The role is well suited for an accomplished account manager with strong analytical skills and management experience, and with a track record of exceeding financial targets as well as:
- Experience working in client facing, partner or vendor management roles
- Experience managing medium-sized account management teams
- Comfortable handling negotiations with business owners or C-level executives
- Strong business acumen with ability to simplify complex problems
- Good understanding of P&L and experience in making tough decisions based on multiple inputs
- Self-starter, hard worker and well-organised
- Effective relationship-building and communication skills at all levels
Our mission is to be the definitive food company. We are transforming the way the world eats by making food more convenient and accessible. We give people the opportunity to eat what they want, when and where they want it.
We are a technology-driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world. We are still a small team, making a very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, value autonomy and ownership, and we are always looking for new ideas.Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.