UK & Ireland is the domestic region and the largest business for Deliveroo, and is at the forefront of strategic, commercial and operational innovation.
In this role, which reports into the VP Commercial UK & Ireland, you will be responsible for building new relationships and executing partnerships with the most strategic restaurant and grocery companies in UK&I, and will collaborate closely with our Global Business Development teams for the most complex, cross-national partnerships. You will manage the end-to-end deal flow and process, and play a pivotal role in driving Deliveroo's selection growth.What you'll be doing
- Identifying new partnership opportunities across the UK&I landscape
- Establishing new approaches to scan the marketplace for new partners across all sectors
- Prioritising the funnel of prospects based on scale of commercial opportunities
- Allocating prospects to the most relevant commercial team within Deliveroo (where not leading yourself)
- Establishing new partnerships with the most strategic prospects
- Leading initial contact and partnership pitches with key stakeholders and decision-makers
- Negotiating new commercial agreements in line with our commercial frameworks to ensure mutual win-win outcomes
- On-boarding the new partners working in collaboration with other Deliveroo teams to ensure smooth operational integration and generation of new orders
- Handing-over day-to-day management of new partners to other account teams with the UK&I Commercial Team
- Identifying and developing new service lines for partners, in collaboration with other members of the UK&I Commercial Leadership Team
- Understanding the business challenges and opportunities of existing and future partners
- Identifying potential solutions that Deliveroo can offer as a point of difference vs competitor sets
- Collaborating with Deliveroo's central commercial team, other functions and external suppliers to bring to market the most critical solutions identified
- Leading the launch of new services in collaboration with other account teams
- Outstanding sales skills with the resilience and perseverance not to accept no as the answer
- Strong relationship management and influencing skills up to C-level stakeholders
- Demonstrable track record of successful deal-making, building trust and defining and leading large, complex end-to-end negotiations
- Deep understanding of the global food landscape and ability to uncover unmet needs of partners/customers
- Creativity to develop new solutions to existing and new problems and hands-on approach to bring them to life
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, with a clear ability to structure and convey complex information to a variety of audiences
- Ability to juggle several priorities, understand potential roadblocks and bias for action in everything you do!
- 8+ years working in a structured B2B sales role or similar high-velocity transaction environment
- Experience in an investment banking, private equity, or strategic B2B partnerships capacity
When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We're a technology driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world, so come and join us for the ride.Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.