Our ambition is to be the definitive food company, feeding people three times a day with great food from the World's best-loved restaurants, all with an unparalleled level of convenience.
From distributed computing to large-scale system design, complex algorithms to beautiful user interfaces, we have teams working on every step of the journey, in real-time, to ensure we continue to offer our customers a growing selection of choice at the best price with a fantastic level of service.
We work with thousands of restaurants worldwide, from renowned local gems to your favourite chains, allowing them to open up a new revenue stream and reach new customers. Our restaurant partners, riders and customers are as passionate about food as we are, and if you want to make an impact on millions of users by solving some of the biggest technical challenges at great scale, come on board and join the ride.You will spend time:
- Line manage one or more teams of Backend, iOS, Android and Web Engineers
- Contribute to product strategy, set project goals and continue to support and develop your team
- Grow a diverse, highly-skilled group of engineers, gaining fantastic exposure to scaling a tech team at a unique pace
- Create a learning environment for your team and act as a mentor for engineers and up and coming leaders
- Become instrumental in improving and implementing processes and values that scale effectively
- Provide technical mentorship to engineers building and deploying large-scale projects internationally
- Collaborate with cross functional teams including product, design, operations
- Proven leadership skills as a line manager to a team
- You have been a software engineer building user-focused products at pace
- Your style is collaborative and supportive, to encourage your team to continually optimise their code
- You set goals and objectives and offer advice, setting your team up for success
- You're a natural recruiter, passionate about building your team
Our mission is to be the definitive food company. We are transforming the way the world eats by making food more convenient and accessible. We give people the opportunity to eat what they want, when and where they want it.
We are a technology-driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world. We are still a small team, making a very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, value autonomy and ownership, and we are always looking for new ideas.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your race, religion, gender, gender identity or expression , sexuality, disability, age, marital, parental or veteran status , or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups around.