We're in the business of delivering awesome meals into everyone's home or office - fast.
We achieve this by building and running a superb website, suite of mobile apps, a complex logistical platform, a fleet of passionate drivers, and a global operation, all to help bring great food from the world's best-loved local restaurants to consumers with an unparalleled level of convenience. We don't want people to have to suffer with bad takeaway delivered an age after they order.
In this role, you'll be helping the hospitality industry grow as a member of the Restaurants Technology team that's responsible for building the best food delivery platform for our restaurant partners.
The role is responsible for coordinating the integration efforts across multiple parties including restaurant partners, external technology providers, account managers, business stakeholders and restaurant product to ensure clear visibility within each project and drive the project to successful completion.
This is a great opportunity to work with a diverse set of teams in a fast-changing environment and is integral to driving success as we grow. This position is located in London and reports into the product team. What you'll do:
What we're looking for:
- Detailed planning: The project coordinator will manage pre-kickoff preparations, project kickoffs, project plans including milestones and all project communications to ensure the successful adoption of the product with our key accounts.
- Coordination throughout the lifecycle of a project: Responsibilities include but are not limited to creating rollout plans specific to each project, establishing go-live criteria and defining the owners of each stage, issue tracking and clearing, and communicating progress to the wider business. Throughout you will need to anticipate bottlenecks, explore contingencies and provide escalation management throughout new product launch.
- Stakeholder management: This is a critical role for Deliveroo to make sure both external and internal teams are working toward the same goal and managing communication & changes as we roll out the product further. You'll need to advocate for all stakeholders throughout the release cycle to ensure they have the support needed to succeed
- Process optimisation: It's essential that we learn from every launch, and get quicker and more streamlined every time. You'll be responsible for identifying where we can improve, and making sure that we execute required changes across product and engineering, business, or POS teams
The right candidate will have experience managing complex projects across lots of different stakeholders.
- 5+ yrs relevant experience in Project Management or Coordination
- Experience leading a team or cross functional projects
- Willingness to take responsibility and drive projects forward without close supervision
- Ability to hold each party responsible for their actions
- Experience working with product and engineering teams
- Technical understanding and ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Excellent communication, organisation and project planning skills with emphasis on technology.
- Demonstrated stakeholder management / relationship building skills
- Ability to run multiple projects simultaneously
When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London over 5 years ago and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. Fast forward 5 years and we operate in 13 countries with over 50,000 riders who deliver orders from 50,000 restaurants in over 200 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders restaurants and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allow us to deliver our orders in under 30 minutes.And we're just getting started
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at £7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking and travel to retail and communications - it's clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion dollar company that is more than doubling in size every year. Deliveroo came top in the FT's' list of Europe's fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, and we were the first company ever to win Deloitte's 'UK Top 50' two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.Benefits And Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.