Delivery-only kitchens have never been higher profile, or more valuable for improving service and selection for customers. And the future is even more exciting: bigger brands are joining us, we are expanding locations and markets, and finding new ways to add value and reshape the food delivery landscape.
Deliveroo Editions were the world's first delivery-only kitchens, and we are still the market leaders in helping our restaurant partners succeed. The role:
The Operations Manager will maximise the performance of the site management team by monitoring delivery metrics and recommending process changes needed to continuously improve. They will also more broadly support the Deliveroo Editions team in achieving growth targets and expected financial results.What you will be doing:
- Manage and respond to internal and partner quality and safety audits delivering full compliance, risk management, ensuring that best practice within site operations is fully delivered
- Ensure that all sites within the area are appropriately covered during identified peak shifts by qualified members of the site management teams and as post holder lead by example and be active on-site during these core times including evenings and weekends
- Successfully manage area P&L and OPEX costs as well as salary costs in line with expectation.
- Communicate to line manager on business performance (KPI's)
- Provide inspirational leadership to your team of Site Managers and supporting Assistant Managers.
- Ensure there is a culture of celebration of success and personal development and robust succession plans for individuals within the team.
- Develop and drive succession plans for the area that ensure a high-quality talent pipeline
- Reward and recognise high-performing team members
- Proven track record of delivery within a highly competitive hospitality or delivery business, customer-focused, business expansion, cost-driven environment
- A background within the food delivery or fast-food industry is ideal
- Currently operating at senior level and able to demonstrate strong leadership and people management skills
- Will hold proven experience of P&L management which will have been for a large operation at regional level or area level (multi-site)
- Will be able to demonstrate strong financial acumen
- Experienced in implementing the ongoing business change or opening new businesses
Our mission is to be the definitive food company. We are transforming the way the world eats by making food more convenient and accessible. We give people the opportunity to eat what they want, when and where they want it.
Our journey began with our founder Will, arriving in London and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite living in one of the world's best cities for food. In 2013 he got on his bike and founded Deliveroo.
Delivering great food from restaurants is how we started but isn't our only offering. We pioneered the delivery-only kitchen model, Deliveroo Editions
, where we use data to identify gaps in the market and bring new brands and cuisines to new areas, giving people more choice in their local neighbourhood. And using our network and technology we provide a growing on-demand grocery service, which has not only brought incredible levels of convenience to our customers but has been a lifeline to so many during COVID.
We hope you're as excited about the scale of the opportunity as we are and, if you share our ambition, that you'll join us and be part of this incredible story.Workplace & Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest-growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.