At Deliveroo, it is our mission to build the definitive food company. In order to do that, we're building a company where everyone can belong, grow and do the best work of their lives. The Rider Engagement team sits within the UKI Operations department and is focused on improving the experience of our riders, restaurants and customers through obtaining, understanding and acting on rider insight. The Role
As a Rider Engagement Manager you'll be responsible for setting our strategy on where to spend our engagement time to maximise the insight that we get from riders, to solve the most critical operational issues and to keep riders happy. You'll be getting to the root of the interactions between riders, restaurants and customers by holding events with riders and restaurants, calling riders to understand their point of view, and building relationships with riders across the UK and Ireland. You'll specifically focus on London and the South East, and you'll be supported by others in the team covering the rest of the UK and Ireland.What you'll be doing
- Monitor rider sentiment and operational metrics across UKI, report and devise a strategy for local engagement - be creative in solving problems
- Understand and monitor the topics on the minds of Deliveroo riders in your region - be data-driven and understand rider sentiment in each city, and help prioritise where to spend time
- Advise on the best courses of action to engage proactively, and to respond to challenges in real time
- Plan, schedule and organise a regular campaign of high-impact local events, allowing us to engage with as many riders across UKI as possible
- Work with the Head of Content & Engagement to plan local engagement supporting major launches and campaigns
- Work with our restaurant teams to build campaigns improving relationships between riders and restaurants
- Collect insights and feedback from riders and share with key stakeholders at Deliveroo
- Manage a team of Engagement individuals
- Strong communication skills - able to know what to say in any situation, and to quickly build trust and respect and form relationships with people from all backgrounds
- Strong project manager and experience planning and running large events with lots of moving parts
- Juggle priorities in multiple cities, prioritise and remain focussed
- Logical and data-driven - able to analyse data and diagnose a problem, then understand the levers we have as an Operations Team to resolve it
Our mission is to be the definitive food company. We are transforming the way the world eats by making food more convenient and accessible. We give people the opportunity to eat what they want, when and where they want it.
We are a technology-driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world. We are still a small team, making a very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, value autonomy and ownership, and we are always looking for new ideas.Workplace & Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.