When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London over 5 years ago and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. Fast forward 5 years and we operate in 13 countries with over 50,000 riders who deliver orders from 50,000 restaurants in over 200 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allows us to deliver our orders in under 30 minutes.
And we're just getting started
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at £7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking and travel to retail and communications - it's clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion dollar company that is more than doubling in size every year. Deliveroo came top in the FT's' list of Europe's fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, and we were the first company ever to win Deloitte's 'UK Top 50' two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.
In this role (maternity leave covering), you will be responsible for putting into place the media and content strategies for driving awareness, differentiation of Deliveroo in France and traffic to our app. This includes all our campaigns on ATL (TV, OOH, Print), on digital channels and our social media. You will be in charge of creating the right content for the right audience, for the right touchpoints. To do so, you will manage 3 direct reports, and work closely with the rest of the marketing team, including the heads of restaurant marketing, and hyperlocal activation. You will be expected to have a deep understanding of the consumer insights in France, the media landscape, market's overall business objectives, and a clear appreciation for the critical role of effective brand and content management in supporting market growth.
* Build the French media strategy (eg. ATL and BTL) in close collaboration with our media and social agencies and in line with our approved marketing budget and with our performance objectives
* Build and implement the local content strategy overall on our social media
* Drive localisation of the regional marketing strategy, including multiple simultaneous campaigns across all ATL and BTL channels
* Maintain brand consistency across all online and offline marketing channels
* Build systematically post campaign analysis to understand the impact of our campaigns on our main KPIs (traffic, awareness, consideration)
* Work with Insights to build and refine our understanding of Deliveroo target groups in France, ensuring a clear understanding of the content strategy implications of these insights
* Understand Deliveroo brand health and perception in the context of the overall food market in France (benchmarking of competitor and market trends)
* Work closely with the head of Communications and PR for France to ensure that all activations and strategies are grounded in a deep understanding of target groups
* Effectively manage a team of 3 marketing associates
* 6-8 years' experience managing B2C brands across multiple channels, both ATL and BTL, and including PR
* Real expertise in media ATL / BTL / Digital to be able to build complex and performing 360 campaigns
* Experience working in and/or with e-commerce or digital businesses preferred
* Demonstrated ability to build brands based on data-driven insights
* Deep customer-centricity and empathy; ability to act as the voice of the customer
* Keen aesthetic sense and ability to ensure high creative standards across channels
* Strong budget management and overall organisational skills
* Strong bias towards collaboration, locally and centrally, and a growth mindset
* People management experience
* Fluent in English, both oral and written (mandatory)
Life at Deliveroo
We are a growing team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we're always looking for new ideas and we're very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer and plenty more we haven't even encountered. How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
In 2018 we announced our decision to give every employee equity in the company. We did this because we wanted all of our employees, regardless of location, level or role to be owners and because we believe that this is the right thing to do. We believe this helps build a culture where everyone is committed and able to share in the company's success.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-up's around.