One of the key roles of the External Affairs Department ("EA") is to act as a bridge between The Hong Kong Jockey Club ("Club") and external stakeholders, including the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region Government ("HKSARG"), Legislative Council ("LegCo"), political parties and other non-governmental organisations. EA is responsible for formulating and implementing stakeholder engagement strategies, as well as maintaining amicable working relationship and facilitating effective communication with these stakeholders to support the Club's plans and business operations. It also advises other departments on latest government, policy, legislative and political issues which may have impact on the Club.
- provide support in formulating, implementing and reviewing stakeholder engagement strategies, including logistics support in organising activities, e.g. visit programmes, race meetings, business meetings, etc.;
- help to build up and enhance the team's relationship with external stakeholders through your network;
- maintain stakeholder profile, engagement and sponsorship records, as well as other relevant database information;
- monitor and report latest government, policy, legislative and political issues relevant to the Club through all channels, e.g. government announcements, TV and radio news and programmes, social media platforms, etc.;
- provide research support on government, policy, legislative and political issues, e.g. conducting desktop research and policy analysis, drafting of briefs, etc.;
- gather intelligence and further information on government, policy, legislative and political issues through your network and other channels;
- provide support in drafting of reports, papers, presentation materials, official correspondences, etc.; and
- perform other duties as assigned by supervisors.
- have a recognised university degree in public administration, affairs or relations, communication, journalism or media studies, and/or any other related discipline;
- have a minimum of five years' experience working in HKSARG, public body or organisation, public or external relations, corporate communication and/or journalism;
- have good understanding of HKSARG and LegCo's structure, operation, procedures and personnel;
- have good understanding of and sensitivity to government, policy, legislative and political issues which may be relevant to the Club;
- be able to think critically, conduct thorough research and prepare clear and concise drafts;
- be able to work independently, under stress and against tight deadline;
- be a proactive and cheerful team player with strong interpersonal and communication skills; and
- have good command of both written and spoken English and Chinese.
It would be of great advantage if you also have:
_ established network and working relationship with HKSARG, LegCo, political parties and/or media;
- solid research experience in public policies and other related fields;
- experience in event and/or crisis management; and
- good command of Putonghua.
Any candidate with less experience will be considered as Senior External Affairs Officer.
The level of appointment will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. A contract employment will be offered to the successful candidate.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with the Club\'s notice to employees and prospective employees relating to the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance. A copy of which will be provided immediately upon request.