The Customer and International Business Development Division (C&I) is responsible for providing quality wagering experience to local and overseas customers of The Hong Kong Jockey Club. It operates 88 Race Meetings a year, 37 Simulcasts days, a thrice-weekly Mark 6 Draw, 7X24 Digital Channels, 7X24 Football Betting Services on over 11,000 different leagues per year. The ultimate aim is to provide an impressive total customer experience leading to sustainable turnover growth in a responsible manner.
With around 100 off-course betting branches (OCBB) and 2 racecourses, Retail and Telebet Services Department is committed to provide quality and efficient service to our customers throughout Hong Kong.
Gift at Races team (GAR) aims to be the premier retail in its field targeting both local and international Hong Kong racing fans.
- promote GAR as a branding vehicle and customer engagement tool to enhance public interest in racing and enhance experience of customers at Racecourse or other Jockey Club venues
- drive synergy across different channels to promote GAR. Redesign the Digital Channel to optimize the opportunities through O2O strategy. Riding on wide retail network to promote the design, display and promotion of GAR at OCBBs
- establish the GAR strategic positioning, and enable good understanding by different stakeholders like Racing Marketing, Retail OCBBs in support of exercising the strategy in Club activities and major events, to enhance the brand positioning and enjoyment of the races
- develops year-round merchandize strategies for the physical gift shops at Shatin and Happy Valley racecourses as well as online shop which align with and support the Club's overall direction to rejuvenate racing brand
- lead the team to execute merchandize plan including product sourcing, pricing and inventory management in order to achieve a healthy P&L for the gift shops at Shatin and Happy Valley racecourses. Categories include hard goods, gift items, small range of clothing/caps, electronics accessories (e.g. iPhone shell), and daily household products, etc.
- manages and gives direction to visual merchandising to be in line with merchandise offering
- leads the team to provide product sourcing and development support for C&I merchandises as needed
- leads gift shop retail expansion of the business and executes landlord engagement and lease team negotiation
- project-manages the new store opening process (process, vendors, property team, and other involved parties) with store operations team
- explores co-branding merchandize opportunities with focus on designated target segments in order to drive racing interest and to showcase the sports and leisure aspects of horse racing
- oversees servicing team to ensure operations efficiency of the gift shops and prudent cost allocation. Duties at racecourses during race days are required
You should have:
- Bachelor degree preferably in Merchandize Management, Business or equivalent preferred
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in merchandising in the retailing industry (preferably store development manager, real estate manager, or project manager from small-format retailers)
- New business / channel development experience highly preferred
- Good interpersonal and communication skills in both written and spoken English and Chinese
- Sound understanding of "gift and premium" business dynamics and its key value drivers
- Familiarity with the market situation, retail / distribution channels, competitors
- Customer-centric with solid understanding on consumer behaviour, product acceptance, purchasing behaviour patterns
- Sensitive to consumer market trend with ability to identify opportunities and implement changes
- Excellent organisational and people management skills
- Strong analytical and mathematical skills
- Independent, mature and able to multi-task
The level of appointment will be commensurate with qualification and experience. A contract employment will be offered to the successful candidate. Contract renewal will be subject to mutual agreement between the Club and the individual.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.